Saints remaining schedule allows them back in the playoff picture

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Oct 22, 2007.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Atlanta, a struggling Tampa with no running game, whats soon to be a struggling Carolina team with no QB, Arizona (also no QB), San Francisco (no QB as well), Houston (Shaub got hurt today), St. Louis (will Jackson ever be right this season?), an inconsistent Philly team, a horrible Chicago team, and one really good team Jacksonville (that game is at the Superdome, however).

Conceivably every game from here on out is quite winnable. After watching them struggle against arguably the worst team in the NFL today, I don't know if that weak schedule will be enough to propel the Saints into a division title and a playoff berth.

I think the Saints will end up 8-8. They would have to beat probably both Tampa and Carolina to win the division (as well as beat Atlanta a 2nd time).

We shall see.

2. clair

clair Rockets

while i do agree, it will take a hell of a lot more than what I saw today.

good teams destroy the Falcons, not struggle with them and win by default.

It can be argued that if Leftwich didn't get hurt Atlanta wins that game.

They'll get it right, though.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The only problem with the Saints is they still have their team.

I can honestly see them losing every game up there too.

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

It only takes an average team to win in the NFC.

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

Let's not look at the schedule with normal NFL glasses, but rather, with glasses that have been tinted gold and black by 40 years of pain, anguish, and the known fact that anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong for the Saints. Remember, in the world of the Saints, there is no such thing as a "sure thing".

That being said, history shows us that when the Saints are down for the count, they usually destroy teams that they have no business even being able to hang with and conversely they lose to those that they should be able to beat.

If this holds true, the remaining schedule might not be so good for the Saints. :sob:

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Then they should have lost this weekend. The Falcons are awful. Bucking the trend?

7. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

No they still looked like s**t beating the Falcons.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

For the saints to look like st*t and still win was not in their vocabulary prior to 06'.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the saints will not make the playoffs. bush has regressed and refuses to run hard between the tackles. even when he takes the ball inside he is still immediately looking for the sidelines.

the nfl is not a dumb league, minus brian billick, and the linebackers all cheat outside forcing bush to pretend he's not scared of contact. against seattle Id guess he ran out of bounds 10 of 17 plays when it was uncalled for. nor does he run straight.

cant win in the nfl if you dont run unless you have a qb named payton or brady.

cant win without defense. leftwich was making them look bad before joey heismington had to make an entrance. the jason and jason show in the secondary is unfixable. when fred thomas is your 2nd best corner, lets just say you've got some issues.

they have no proven receivers. colston has started slow and their 2nd best wr is scrub lance moore who has a handful of catches in his career.

devery will be gone next year because well, that hands of stone problem he had in college hasnt left him. nor will he ever run a route over the middle.

never have i seen one team go from top of world to the sewer overnight with relatively the same group.

add to that sean peyton has made some pretty ridiculous play calls at inopportune times and it amounts to your usual saints season. a bad one.

2 people like this.
  10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A TigerForums first! I agree with every post in this thread. It's a Festivus Miracle:hihi: