Saints RFA Tenders

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Feb 25, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Heard alot of stuff about Mike Bell yesterday, mainly that he is loaded with talent but really doesn't have the drive or determination to be a solid NFL running back. I think that was pretty evident when Payton bitched him out on the sideline for not having the right cleats on in the super bowl.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

LT may have another year in him but it's too risky especially if he doesn't play for the minimum. I didn't like his attitude problem a few years back and I think he quit on the team when they were losing in the playoffs.

N.O. hasn't had many attitude problems since this staff arrived and I'm not sure they would want someone who could be a problem.

If defenses were guarding against the Chargers' passing game, you would think LT would have a few chances to make long runs. It didn't happen. Even with three guys on the line he wasn't getting many yards and he doesn't have the initial power and speed he used to have at the goal line.

1 person likes this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You should've explained that in your original post. I nearly fainted when I saw his name on the 'not tendered' list. :thumb::D

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The only 2 surprises I found were Roman Harper tendered a 1st round. Kind of worries me that the front office does not believe they will sign Sharper, so they over extended themselves to Harper with the high tender.

Also, not sure why they put that much stock in Marvin Mitchell by paying 1.1 million. Last year he made 460K.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't like Harper, he is one of the ones i think this team can replace.

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Me either definitely wish they would let him go...if they bring back Sharper ...have Sharper at the FS and Jenkins at SS,,,Would still like for them to draft/sign a CB say Kyle Wilson or Perrish Cox and a S say a Chad Jones , Major Wright or Myron Lewis

7. islstl

I don't think you can simply let Harper go. First off, he's not that bad of a safety. He is decent for what we need him to do. His weakness is obviously in pass coverage. But he supports the run and blitzes the QB quite well.

8. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Not "let him go" but for a 1st rd pick I would take it

9. islstl

Oh, ok.

Yeah, I wouldn't be hurt if that happened.

But if we don't sign Sharper, we have an entirely new back 2. That's a little scary.

We could always try go sign another RFA I suppose that is a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

10. islstl

Saints offered a low tender to Mike Bell today.

Looks like it's up to him if he wants to stick with the Saints. Not sure how many teams will be interested after his 2nd half collapse last season in which he wasn't very productive (3.1 ypc over the final 10 games or so, including the playoffs).