Saints @ Seahawks THE BATTLE IN SEATTLE **PLAYOFFS**

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Well, looks like we'll be traveling to Seattle for Saturday's matchup against the Seahawks. Maybe Hasselbeck will play....maybe it will be Charlie Whitehurst, but one thing is for sure.....the Saints SHOULD win this one.

Saints To Open Playoffs At Seahawks - WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports

We played them back in November and beat them 34-19.

Game is Saturday at 3:30pm on NBC.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yeah, but we also beat Tampa 31-6 earlier in the year too and look what happened. I agree, we SHOULD win this one, but I will not be one bit surprised if we don't.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Without a viable running game we will not go far. If the saints could rush for 150 yards a game we would be in great shape to repeat. Brees can't carry the team. He has tried and his interception rate has reflected the stress level he has been under. Without a balanced offensive attack a championship is not realistic. We have seen in watching lsu this year that balance is needed to win championships. The saints defense has and will keep them in the game but you can't ask one man to be the team

4. Cajun Sensation

Man, what's up with all of you gloom-and-doomers.

The Saints are going to win on Saturday. Period.

I'm not a "sunshine pumping" kinda guy, but I just don't think that this Seahawks team can beat the Saints in a playoff game.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I really wouldn't put much stock in what happened yesterday as any indication as to what shape the Saints are in heading into the post season. Yes a win would have been nice, but I think once they realized that Atl was going to win their game, they quit trying. In addition our entire 1st string offensive weapons were sitting on the bench, well most of them, and Sean pulled Brees in the 2nd half. Why risk the injuries in a meaningless game.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Not doom and gloom. Just think it will be too much to win 4 road games in a row unless we get our running backs healthy so brees won't have to try and carry the offense. I think we win saturday but without a running game it will be tough to win out

7. Cajun Sensation

Let me be clear....I'm not even THINKING Super Bowl yet. I'm talking about the Seahawks. One game at a time.

I think we beat the Seahawks and probably handily. I do agree that we must get healthy. Ivory, Jenkins, Thomas, Graham.....3 of those 4 need to come back.

8. Cajun Sensation

The Saints open up as 10.5 point favorites....ON THE ROAD!

Holy cow! That must be some sort of playoff record.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree. I pretty much thought the same thing. Once ATL went up 21-0, they pretty much knew they were a 5 seed and didn't match TB's energy. Still, it was a division opponent that we've lost at home to for 2yrs in a row. Did you get a glimpse of Freeman's stats for the last 2 games? 42-52 for 492 yrds, 7 TD/0 picks. TB is going to be beast next year.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Agreed. The NFC South is probably the toughest NFC Division right noe and will continue to be even better next yr. I sorta feel bad for TB, if not for a blown call against Det they would have been looking at a serious option to be in the playoffs. Of course that would have changed the importance of this game.