Saints @ Seahawks THE BATTLE IN SEATTLE **PLAYOFFS**

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 2, 2011.

1. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

If Ingram is still on the board for the Saints first round pick, Loomis will be stupid to not take him. To me, the running back position is what killed the team's chances this year more than any other. Without a reliable running game, Brees has to take too many chances in the passing game, i.e. 22 picks, and the defense gets stuck on the field for long periods of time, which increases their chance of making mental mistakes. Unfortunately, I don't see a running back currently on this team that can be a feature back as Bush, PT, and Ivory are much too injury prone. Evans isn't the answer at fullback either. We need a much more agile in this position, and we definitely traded down when we let Karney go for him. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing the Saints having 50 running backs in training camp next season.

Oh, and we definitely need to get a couple of DL and LB via free agency. Will Smith is overpaid and past his prime, and Vilma is not getting much help from his unit.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No on Ingram in the first round. I've learned my lesson; running backs have no shelf life in the NFL. And we've proven with PT, Lynell Hamilton and Ivory (both undrafted free agents) that they can be found on the cheap. Which is why I would definitely grab Ridley if he were to come out, he's probably a middle round pick.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Ridley is alot like Ivory. Hard runner without that true break away speed. I think we need to get an RB with speed that can catch the ball out of the back field and create matchup problems for LBs and safetys.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

nah, I would never take a running back in the first round. Not even the 2nd or 3rd. Payton has proven that offensive skill positions can be taken care of in free agency or late in the draft.

The Saints immediate needs, are in the defensive backfield, and more importantly, linebacker and defensive end. Will Smith had a great season, lets hope his contract isn't up. Roman Harper is done, Sharper is done. Vilma is the only linebacker worth a damn, except maybe Jo Lon Dunbar, who is still kind of young, he will get better.

I would draft 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round defense. Use the last couple of draft picks on a running back, or athlete.

I would also get another big wide receiver in free agency.

5. Seaward

Seaward Fear have you?

If we take anything but LB I might cry. I know we have other needs as well but damn imagine how good Vilma could be if he didn't have to make every play. If a run play goes for 2 yards or less its because Vilma makes the play or a safety or corner is brought up to help our other LBs chase for 6 yards or get carried for 8 its just sick

1 person likes this.
  6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

How is that blowing the roster up...reason why PT was going to be let go was because he wanted Stephen Jackson money

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

In my opinion the Saints need in this order:

Linebacker
    Safety
    Freak Athlete (mccluster, usc bush type)
    Defensive End
    Receiver
    Running back

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Is it too late to get Jamaal Brown back? (I know it is). Both Bushrod and Nicks underachieved in my opinion. They lost their hunger after signing big contracts.