Saints' Sean Payton glad Orgeron is gone.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Jan 1, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Good point.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Herb, in particular, pointed out that the saints D line was not performing under Orgeron and got a lot of argument from posters who were enamored of Orgeron. I questioned how Orgeron could use staying with the saints as leverage to bump up salary offers from both LSU and Tennessee when Gibbs' job might be on the line (and by extesion Orgeron's) and there was no further comment about that.

Not saying I told you so, however I am saying "Tennessee, You got played !!"

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Smith and Grant are the BIGGEST waste of human flesh since Andy Dick. That aside I saw a MUCH improved DL from the DL that played last season.

Last season we got 0 pressure on the qbs we faced this season there was always someone in the backfield.

I think this is alot of sour grapes coming out on Paytons part. This dude is slowly starting to replace Bum Phillps as my most hated Saints coach. The guy comes off as a whiney prick...maybe thats just me!

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I'm done with Payton. His little cutsie-wootsie offense is getting old.

His first year he had success. Why? Cause he ran the phucking ball. Brees wasn't throwing 40-50 times a game.

The playoff game against Philly is a perfect example. With 8-9 minutes left in the game and a lead, the saints run the clock out and doesn't give Philly a chance. And how did this happen you ask? WE RAN THE PHUCKING BALL.

5. longlivelsu

longlivelsu Freshman

Are you guys reading the absolute insanity you are spewing onto the thread?

His "cutie-wootsie" offense is the only thing that makes a legitamite team. That offense leads the league in both yards and points. What more could you possibly want? We have been a top 5 team in yards all 3 years under Payton. A different offense by no means a bad/ridiculous offense

The most hated coach in Saints history? Really? Do you honestly think he is even close to that level? Payton's career winning percentage is 53.5%. Only one coach, Jim Mora, had a slightly better mark in Saint's history at 55.7%. Not to mention, we have had 7 coaches with winning percentages under 30%. There is no way Coach Payton is anywhere remotely near as hated as the vast majority of coaches in our dismal history. According to records, which are ultamitly all that really mater, this "whiney little prick" is the second best coach in our 40+ year history.

Everyone who says we don't use our running game, even though its good is wrong. We don't use our running BECAUSE it isn't good. Our offensive line is built to be pass protectors. They aren't powerhouse run blockers. Anyone who has watched any of our games and seen our ineptitude running one 3rd/4th and 1 can clearly see this. Payton runs the offense that our personal warrants. If we had better run blocking lineman to the point where we averaged more than 4.0 yards per rush (28th in the NFL), then you would be correct in criticising the play calling, but we simply don't have those types of players.

The only critisism of Payton here I can agree with is that he is to devoted to Gibbs. We need to get him out of here now. Gibbs is no doubt a bottom 5 DC in the league

1 person likes this.
  6. longlivelsu

longlivelsu Freshman

Oh yea, and I'm glad to be here. Hi everyone, go LSU! :milesmic:

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Thanks you.

I had to walk away from this thread before I said some rather unkind things.

8. DownOnTheBayou

What do the Saints have to show for it? One winning season in three years. The Dolphins with Dan Marino and the Oilers with Warren Moon proved that pass-happy teams aren't successful in the NFL.

In recent memory, how many teams have won the Super Bowl that were inept at running the ball?

Obviously, but Payton won't make a change. He loves getting in shoot-outs with teams.

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Again, Brees and the Saints are today's Dan Fouts and the Chargers.

10. DownOnTheBayou

I forgot about them too.

Hell, even the Brady bunch last year!