Saints select Patrick Robinson in 1st round

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Apr 22, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Word is the Minnesota Vikings were set on picking Robinson and traded out of the 1st round thinking the Saints would not select a CB.

Funny.

Go phuck yourselves Vikings.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And at 22, he's way too old to ever learn and get better.

3. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

From what I've been reading the only knock on him is inconsistency and this is due to cover technique not physical skills. I'm pretty sure Williams can teach him technique but the physical skills are God given. I'm starting to like the pick a lot better. It also makes me feel good to know the Vikings wanted him. Well now they are going to get a chance to evaluate him in the 1st game.:)

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think like MC was saying this was more of a depth concern pick than anything. Payton didn't want to run into the same situation he did this past season with lack of depth at corner.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm not impressed by Kindle in a 4-3 defense, but you can never really have too many CBs. A few years back the Eagles had two All Pro CBs and drafted Lito Shepard and Sheldon Brown in the same draft. Jim Johnson employed the same blitzing philosophy that Gregg Williams uses and they rely heavily on top cover-corners. The Saints defense took a nose dive in production when Greer and Porter went down. When both came back, it was like night and day.

He is arguably the most physically gifted CB in this draft. Many feel that his last two years leveling off were due to opposing QBs not testing him as much and him "coasting" by on his physical talents. With guys like Roman Harper, Tracy Porter, Jabari Greer, Jon Vilma, Gregg Williams, Dennis Allen, etc. pushing him I doubt that becomes an issue in the NFL. In fact, I'm more concerned about the time he missed due to injury. Players on this team aren't allowed to "skate by" and that mentality starts at the top.

Jason David didn't have 1/4th of the physical talent that Robinson has...

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I like this pick and hope if they do the Haynesworth deal we still keep him

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

lol