Saints vs Browns

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 14, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Glad I wasn't able to watch that garbage. Frees up my Sundays

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Patrick Robinson makes me long for the good ole days of Alex Molden at cornerback.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm watching the Denver - KC game. I think I can count the plays on one hand where the zebras haven't thrown a flag. This shit is ridiculous.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

And it continues in tonights game. SF actually just completed a short pass for a 1st down with no flags. Holy smoke.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He makes me long for the days of Jason David. :confused:o_O:cool:

6. fanatic

4 plays yesterday that ALL had to happen for the Saints to lose and they ALL happened.

1. Penalty on miss FG in 1st half. They made one later on after drive was extended
    2. Pick/6 that was as much Graham's fault as Brees
    3. Brees taking a sack on 3rd down that took us out of FG range and forced us to punt instead of forcing Browns to score a TD to beat us
    4. Allowing Browns to convert on 4th down on the final drive.

As a life long Saints fan, I KNEW exactly what was going to happen when they got the ball on the 4 with 2min and change left. Matter of fact, when we got that offsides penalty on the missed FG, I said at the time that that play would be the difference in the game.

Cajun Sensation and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@fanatic Why was the pick 6 Graham's fault? It was a mile over his head. I've even got trouble blaming it on Brees. My knee jerk reaction was that he airmailed the throw, but the replay clearly showed that the pocket collapsed as he started to step into the throw.

Agree with everything else you're saying.

8. fanatic

I might be mistaken, but I thought it was a catchable pass that he alligator armed. Admittedly though, I didn't see the replay, so if it was uncatchable, I take back what I said. Regardless of who's fault it was (maybe even a back or Olineman that missed a block) it was still a play that cost us the game. If any one of those 4 plays that I mentioned doesn't happen, we win. Those are the kinds of things we're used to seeing from the Aints, not the Saints.