Saints vs Bucs thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Dec 31, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Shit it may happen

2. LaSalleAve

Saints lose

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Mother. *****

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Perfect pass. Perfect catch

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

We can't play on the road we absolutely can't play on the fucking road

6. LaSalleAve

Doesn’t matter Carolina loses, Saints win the division even with a loss and get the 4 seed. Saints will host Carolina, then if they win travel to Philly. This is actually a better scenario for the Saints.

didit likes this.
  7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Well its the panthers in NOLA

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I like this scenario as well. Course the Rams have to beat Atlanta so we would be the lower seed and travel to Philly. And if anyone was watching the Carolina/Falcon game to day, Cam virtually gave up in the 4th quarter. He got disgusted with his own offense chewing on everyone making mistakes while he was sailing the ball over the receivers heads.

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Man, I feel like I’m bad luck for the Saints. The two games I attended, Patriots & Bucs, were both losses. Ugh. At least we ended up division champs. That’s all that matters at this point.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

On the plus side.....the only "edge" I hear anyone giving Carolina over us is the "its so hard to beat someone 3 times" cliche. Maybe so, but the Panthers are a much better matchup for us than the Falcons. Ryan is a better QB than Cam, the Falcons have more offensive weapons than the Panthers (especially at WR) and much more team speed on defense.

On the down side....we look worse offensively right now than I've ever seen in the Payton era. If Armstead is out, the left side of our line is totally inadequate - Peat is an upper echelon guard but a liability at tackle, and either Kelemete or LiRebeus are a far comedown from Peat in his place. Without Armstead, we can't run the ball, and we don't have the weapons to throw it all over the field anymore. Thomas and Kamara are our only reliable targets. Brees still tries to throw the ball to Hill, because he loves throwing to the tight end, but he's no threat. Snead and Coleman rarely are targeted. Defensively, we're good enough to get by when the offense is clicking, but we're not going to out-defense anyone in the playoffs.

didit and ParadiseiNC like this.