Saints vs Cowboys thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Nov 29, 2018.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Cowboys had an excellent game plan. They stopped the run and took away everything underneath. That's how you beat us. We need Ginn back or another WR that can stretch the field. The pick by Drew was terrible. I know he was under pressure, but damn that was ugly. Even still, there were opportunities to win. I just thought we looked worn down. The loss sucks, but nothing we can do now, but move on and hope the Rams lose. The mini bye will help us rest and heal up for the stretch run.

tirk likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You beat me to that point. Not necessarily Ginn, but more experience. The Arnold, Carr, et al story was great last week, but there's a reason none of those guys were drafted. Going into the season, I think I said this was potentially our best receiving corps ever. Then Ginn got hurt and Meredith proved to never be 100% and we've scrambled to find a complement to Thomas all year. Smith was starting to step up, but I think he was feeling that foot injury tonight. And their speed at LB took away our screen game.

4. didit

didit Veteran Member

i don't know if it was just their speed at LB... our spacing was just off all game long... even on the TD pass, we had both receivers within 2 yds of each other, which is obviously not supposed to happen... i think our TEs are better then their LBs on passing routes, we just didn't go to them enough... the cowboys were great on d (giving credit to them) but we played a bad game on o, coached a bad game on o, brees wasn't at or near his best and the refs had a horrible game... and we still had a chance to win the game on the road... i would hope to see the cowboys again in the playoffs...
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...s-game-were-truly-awful/ar-BBQhFmO?li=BBnbfcL

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  5. tirk

Almost always lack of intensity on the visiting teams here and that's what got the saints. Exactly what I was worried about. Even shitty nfl teams win when the other team half asses it.

Dallas played with much more energy bc well they had to. Saints were coasting and got a reality check. Brees has to finish that last drive however. Still had a chance to steal one. This dak fella has been an annual pain in my ass.

6. tirk

Having a tightend as a security blanket is needed in games like this as well. Woulda been useful.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'd say tight end should be a priority in the next draft, if we had any draft picks.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Travis Kelce was a 3rd round pick Antonio Gates was a un drafted free agent, Rob Gronkowski was middle 2nd round pick, Jimmy Graham was a 3rd round pick. I don't think you necessarily have to have a first or 2nd round pick to get a good tight end.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Arnold had a nice catch against the Failcunts, but he's also dropped 2 potential TDs on basically the same play. The concept is a good one. Maybe try it with someone else that won't drop it.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I think Kamara was concussed from the helmet to helmet hit immediately before which made him confused, and he cut the opposite way Brees thought he would leading to the INT.

fanatic likes this.