Saints vs Eagles

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by BayouBengal014, Jan 1, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No they did not, Armstead held it down, the dude is going to be one hell of a left tackle I think. Very promising. Robinson in key situations on late downs to pick up first shows huge confidence in an undrafted free agent rookie, instead of using the first round pick, who has been playing alot better I must admit for a gump.

I would like to see what else Robinson can do in the offense.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Payton live on ESPN now. First question, "How good does this feel to get this win after sitting out last year?" Payton: "It's good - next question." Pissed him off so bad he was even a little short with none other than Jim Henderson, who followed up that crap with a decent question about the running game.

3. mctiger

Fuckin' ESPN. They're now talking about Colts/Chiefs and how big an impact it had when the Chiefs lost their best cornerback. No mention that the Eagles' offense woke up the moment the Saints lost their best CB.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

exactly what you need in the NFL on the road in the playoffs.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

This. Running game and defense won the game tonight. D held them to 57 plays when they were avg 70+. They also held the league's leading rusher to 77 yards and the league's No. 2 offense to 256 total. All without our best cover corner for most of the 2nd half, our best rookie safety and our 2nd best cover corner. That's pretty damn impressive.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Who would have thunk the Saints would outrush the Eagles by over 100 yards?

Armstead looked so awesome.

We need the Drew Brees that played after the two picks today, where he went 12-17 for 184 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int, 126 QB Rating.

Cajun Sensation and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

We're going to need the running game and the defense we had tonight, as well. I know getting Payton back this year has been the biggest difference in this year and last, but getting RR as DC has to be a very close 2nd. I have to admit, I wasn't really sold on him at first when he was first hired, but there's simply not enough adjectives to describe the phenomenal job he's done transforming that defense; which has basically the same personnel as last year's worst D of all time. Look at the numbers in tonight's game and see how they shut down one of the most potent offenses in the league.

I just hope we learned some things about Seattle the last time we played them and hope that they're overlooking us because they've destroyed us the last couple of times we've been there.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's a shame Lewis went out the game like that.

We had held them to only 120 yards through nearly 3 quarters at that point.

An amazing gameplan by Ryan. He is the coordinator of the year.

Still all in all after Lewis went out, we stopped them on that one drive and forced a FG, which was the difference in the score (obviously we would have tried to score 7 at the end if we had to, but you get the point).

9. mctiger

As much as I want to be optimistic about this week, we have absolutely no chance if we have to go into Seattle with White and Sweeting as our CBs.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Right, and recovery from concussions is so variable, its hard to say what to expect this week. It didn't seem that bad when it happened, but it's all about brain efficiency post-concussion. Some areas take longer to heal when jarred/bruised and the test reveal that in its measured efficiency/function, so you don't pass and aren't cleared to return. Here's to hoping his concussion was very mild and his post-concussive symptoms, if he even experiences any, resolve in the next 3-5 days so he can be cleared to return for Seattle on Sunday.