Saints vs Falcants

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 7, 2014.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Saints so-called "great" secondary this year is built around deep talent at safety, but that really doesn't do you a lot of good unless you're going to blitz those safeties occasionally. We didn't blitz at all, except to send the LB's a couple of times. Atl did a great job creating mismatches in the passing game; repeatedly getting Roddy White against Vaccarro, and Douglas against David Hawthorne. That won't fly. Add to it that PRob is utterly lost, and you get 450 yards passing. Agree, Ryan is going to have to get very creative and aggressive in the pass rush. Fortunately, that plays to his strength as a coach. I really think he looked at the Falcons' line, which stinks on paper, and was convinced he could put heat on Matty with the front four alone today.

fanatic likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

True and as much as I fucking HATE them, there's no denying that they're a good team. If you look at the stats, it was a very evenly matched game, like most of them are. And, as many close ones as we've won against them, they were due to steal one from us. Better to get it out of the way now and look to crush them in the Dome in Dec.
    A secondary is only as good as the pressure your front 7 can put on the QB and we couldn't put any on them today. Very poor outing; especially from the highly touted front 4. I really believe that's why we lost today.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    b_leblanc and ParadiseiNC like this.