SAINTS Vs FALCONS Monday Night!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 27, 2009.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hope u was in that number.

good game.

Krewe of Drew still rolling along.

panthers will be a decent test next week but the bucs and rams will not be.

one game at a time my ass. 10-0 if they beat delhomme.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For the first time ever I can say that the Saints are going to the Superbowl with a straight face and without laughing.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Some adjustments will be needed. We missed Ellis much more than I thought we would, and they now say he's going to out 4-6 weeks. This is also two weeks in a row that the other team has gotten too much pressure on Drew. I don't think anyone can completely stop us, but the book on slowing us down is being written, and chapters 1,2 and 3 are all entitled "Blitz." Coach is going to have to slip a few more screens and draws into the game plan to slow down Carolina's rush.

It was good to see Porter shake off that shot to the head. Has anyone heard anything about Goodwin's injury?

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

looked bad but they said contusion. usually thats nothing too serious but im not sure im buying a contusion given it buckled behind him.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Too close for comfort at the end of the game; great to see the Saints prevail in a close game, however.

This team really looks strong -- how nice would it be to be 10-0 going into the Patriots game (not trying to bring any bad gris-gris)...

:geauxtige

Saintslogo

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Exciting game last night and I can't recall a game I have seen with so many great catches. Colston had 2, Meachem, Devery, Shockey, Roddy and the incredible hops by ATLs Grisom to make the INT. And each catch game a critical moments in the game.

What is the rule on the play where Thomas fumbled? Can the refs only review if there was an actual fumble and not on who recovered the fumble? Thomas clearly had the recovery and was down.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What they do is they can review the fumble and then they go with the call on field on who recovered. If its not called a fumble on the field, but it was clear that the other team came up with it, the fumble can be reviewed. But the recovery cannot be reviewed. That was definitely a fumble, and it was clear that Thomas recovered it, but since they called on the field that Atlanta recovered, they had to stick with it because recovery is not reviewable. I didn't think the Mike Bell fumble was really a fumble. Forward progress was definitely stopped, and dude was on his ass when the ball was taken. Also the Roddy White touchdown non-catch was ridiculous and ultimately cost New Orleans a challenge. The officials was right on top of that, and blew it.

Regardless the games from here on out are going to be like this guys and gals. The Saints are the best in the NFL right now, and every team is going to give them their best shot.

But, Saints fans, you have to be proud of this team, and the receivers and backs and how they have all grown into serious weapons. But the most impressive part of this team has to be the play of the defense, they may give some up some points, but they fight, and you don't have to worry about getting burnt deep. Greer, Porter, Sharper and Harper have been playing really good football. Vilma is the most underrated linebacker in the NFL, and Will Smith played lights out last night.

1 person likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Colston is the best WR in the league when forced to leave his feet to make a catch IMO. Which makes me wonder....given that ability and his size, why don't they put him in at free safety in a Hail Mary situation such as last night. Granted, we got the job done without him, but it was a poor effort on the Falcons' part. Neither receivers nor ball even got to the goal line. Colston could be a great defensive stopper against a good jump ball attempt in the end zone, like the Patriots used Troy Brown for a few years ago.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Nice catch by Devery! Nice to hear them say good things about him especially how hard he's worked to improve.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Really really was pissed that Payton wasn't smart enough to take a knee on that last series and run the clock down to about 20-25 seconds.

With the Falcons getting the ball inside their 15 with only 15-20 seconds and a Saints 11 point lead, I would think that would be enough.

It just wasn't smart on Payton's part last night.

Almost cost us our starting center. Might still.