Saints vs Lions

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Dec 21, 2015.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The talk all day has been about OBJ's selfish play. Brandon Browner resents someone else getting the negative attention and sets out to get the focus back on him.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

No energy whatsoever from the team. It's time 4 Payton 2 go. We can't even compete at home in prime time anymore smh

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think Payton is burned out here. Just my opinion, but I think he's gone at the end of the season. I don't think he'll be fired, but the Saints will trade or release him from his contract, Most likely destinations would be Indy or Miami, but both of those clubs like O-line and defensive talent too. I'm not sure if their salary caps are as jacked up as the Saints, so they may be able to build with draft and FA.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think Payton has lost it, he just needs to get his ego in check. He's a good OC, but not nearly the HC he thinks he is. Ditch salary cap dummy and draft retard Loomis, get Payton in check and get someone at GM that knows how to build a team through the draft. Preferably someone from the Patriots organization. Tell Payton that he isn't trading up for ANYONE, I don't care if Jesus is available when the Saints are the clock.

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

We don't have the owner and/or ownership stability to pull off getting Payton in check. The GM would have to do that with the way the Saints organization is run. We drafted well for a while and in spots here and there. Maybe Loomis will learn from his mistakes. Problem is, we are too far gone the way we are for Loomis to all-of-a-sudden put the hammer down on Payton. Benson probably wouldn't back it either. He's not really a football guy. He is dependent on the coach and GM and get out of their way. He doesn't have any football mgmt. skills. I think Loomis/Payton are probably a package deal. I don't think the ego of Payton would allow a GM to come in and rule over him.

6. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I think Payton hasn't been the same since the bounty bullshit and his suspension. I won't sit here and try to guess whether he will leave or stay after the season but I hope he stays. I think he is still a great coach. Seems like the entire team, Payton and staff just needs a swift kick in the ass. None of them seem to have the spunk they used to.