Saints vs. Panthers Rd 2

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by diamondheadtiger, Dec 22, 2013.

1. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Do the Saints have enough money to do any real good in free agency?

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Frustrating as hell today. Saints could very well miss the playoffs...

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Nope, not unless they trade Graham. With the salary he'll command in free agency, coupled with what Drew already makes, I don't see how. Then again, they can free up some by cutting Smith, Vilma, and Harper. That may be able to get us a good FA left tackle, but that o line needs more than one player. Everyone of them sucked today.

4. fanatic

It's simple, we win and we're in, but Tampa won't be a push over. If we lose, we finish 10-6 and can back into the playoffs if Az loses at home against SF. If Az wins and we lose, then we're out. Don't count it as an easy win for SF. Az beat Seattle in Seattle today,which is nearly impossible to do, so they're peaking at the right time.

Not sure who the NFC South champions are if we win and Carolina (@ ATL) loses. We'd both be 11-5 with a split in the season series, so it would come down to some sort of tie breaker, of which I have no idea. At any rate, this is very weird for me because I have to root for a team that I despise, in the Falcons. They'll probably lose just to spite Saints fans. :D

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    northernvatiger likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How bout this, New Orleans 10-5 Arizona 10-5 San Fran 10-4, I think they play on Monday night so you could New Orleans Arizona and San Fran all tied at 10-5 if the 9ers lose.

Saints own the tiebreak over both. The final wild card would be between Zona and San Fran.

6. fanatic

Yep, that' right. If SF loses tomorrow night, I think the Saints are in regardless of what happens next week since AZ and SF play each other. One team will be 11-5 and get one of the wildcard spots and the Saints at 10-6 will get the other one, since they own the head to head tiebreaker over both. If the truly unlikely thing happens and AZ/SF tie, then the Saints would have to win.

Just figured out that I have to pull for the Falcons for 2 straight weeks!! Disgusting. I'm getting sick to my stomach.

7. TigerBill661

TigerBill661 Life is Good

Does it really matter - first game away - wait till next year - this is from a fan since 1967!

8. fanatic

Right, it will be a road game, probably against Chicago in the cold, so just chalk up the L and start figuring out what to do with Graham and what FA you're going to target.

9. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Actually, I think that the Saints can beat Chicago in the cold. After that...?

10. fanatic

Yeah, the Bears are the only team that actually looked worse then the Saints did today.