Saints vs. Panthers Rd 2

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by diamondheadtiger, Dec 22, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think the Packers win that division. Just think, It could be a wild last week in the NFL, Dallas vs Philly for the division, Green Bay vs Chicago for the division, Zona vs San Fran for a wildcard, Saints vs Tampa for a wildcard. That's nuts. Unless Carolina loses then I'm not sure who owns the tiebreaker between Carolina and New Orleans.

That's 3 out 4 divisions in te NFC and the 2 wildcards being decided on the last weekend.

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Dear Drew Brees,

Please make this the last time this season that you suck so badly. The D played a hell of a game for you and gave a good enough performance for the team to win. Please help them out by doing the following:
    1) Find an open receiver more quickly in the face of a pass rush. You CANNOT hold onto the ball for 6 seconds in the pocket waiting for an open man 45 yards down field. Throw the damn ball!
    2) Try to be just a tiny bit more mobile. Standing there flat footed and getting the pass off a the last possible millisecond before getting crushed looks heroic when you deliver the perfect throw at the last possible second for a TD. However, it looks completely different when you get absolutely smashed by oncoming rushers and inevitably fumble the damn ball. More Rothliesberger, less Marino.
    3) It seems you are completely unaware of other options besides delivering the perfect bomb downfield or getting sacked. Here's a few. Throwing the ball away and waiting for another chance on the next down. Throwing the ball to a guy running a quick slant or out for a few yards. Like that Graham guy who's pretty good and often mismatched on LB or safety. Rolling the pocket to buy a little more time. Stepping up in the pocket to help your over matched tackles mitigate edge speed rushers.
    4) Don't sweat it too much about Luke Kuechly making you all his bitch yesterday. That kid's pretty good.

We know it's not all your fault. Receivers need to get open quicker. Coaches should work on appropriate play calling. We still love you and think you are awesome. One of the best of your generation. But playoffs are looming (probably) and you need to work those things out or you will be one and done. Also tell Kenny that we are very sorry about his injury and wish him a speedy recovery. Tell Terron that it gets better, he won't be getting abused by the Kraken every week. But we need more Roaf, less Brown from him too. And please tell coach Payton that maybe he should give Ingram more 1st and 10 carries where he usually does great, rather than 3rd and 1 where he tends to suck. Have him watch some game film to bear this out because I don't think he's noticed.

Sincerely,
    Your Biggest Fan

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

If Carolina loses next week, and we beat TB, then we are #2 seed. If we both win, then we are #6 seed. It's as simple as that. If we lose, then AZ may sneak in, and arguably they are playing as well as anyone right now.

TigerBacker70 likes this.
  4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

It's amazing how entitled both Saints and LSU fans have become.

This is not directed specifically toward any of you, I'm just saying.

Drew Brees had a bad game yesterday, yes.....but many Saints fans need to dial it back just a little on the Drew Man.

Unbelievable.

5. TigerBacker70

He doesn't suck all the time. In fact, he doesn't suck that often. However yesterday he did suck. Big time. He was very bad. This on is mostly on him. I feel comfortable criticizing Brees when it is his fault as much as I do praising him when he is the main reason we win one. It's fair that it goes both ways. Being the franchise QB comes with a lot of perks (a huge contract, credit you probably don't always deserve when the team succeeds) but also responsibility (getting called out when you stink it up on occasion, taking heat for losses that might not have been all your fault).

I still love the team and think Brees is one of the best. There's no QB not named Payton Manning who's overall season performance I'd rather have had lead the team this year. That doesn't change that Drew was bad yesterday and has some stuff that needs fixing in order to have playoff success.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

It didn't help that Drew Brees was running for his life. Also, Davis and Kuechly are fucking animals. That defense is pretty good.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Agreed the O-line was horrific again, probably the worst it's been all year long. I thought it was a mistake for Payton to put in Armstead and it probably cost us the game.

That said, both of the interceptions Drew threw were completely his fault, and as well as he has been taking care of the ball, these last two weeks he has gone back to his Brett Favre I must win the game all by myself mentality.

That's probably what distinguishes Brees from Brady. Brady throws that ball away or where no one will intercept it and lives to play another down or series. If we punted in those 2 situations, the Saints probably win the game. It pretty much gave them 10 points.

Drew obviously still doesn't realize he has a defense good enough to win these type games.

TigerBacker70 likes this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I still believe the Falcons are going to beat the Panthers (they hate each other too) and the Saints will get that #2 seed.

I still believe Seattle will be upset in it's playoff game, allowing the Saints to host the NFC CG.

So I still believe the Saints are going to win two at home and go to the Super Bowl. What happens in the Super Bowl, I have no clue due to what weather may come.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  9. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

I have to pull for the dirty birds :mad: I don't think i have it in me !

10. TigerBacker70

This! If Brees were inexperienced I'd expect that type of play when the protection breaks down. You make the perfect point about Brees/Brady. Brady would be pissed but not stubborn enough to throw a pick trying to force a big play where they isn't one. That's a good explanation of the situation - he got a bit Favrey on us trying to win with sheer will and skill instead of judgement and smarts. And it is such a shame because the defense played absolutely fucking lights out the entire game except 3 plays: the long TD run which was the next play after Vacarro left the game injured, and the 2 big passes on the final drive. Wasted the best defensive effort of the year.

But we also learned yesterday that Seattle is beatable at home. Just get into the playoffs and pretend you're the Giants.