Saints vs. Panthers Rd 2

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by diamondheadtiger, Dec 22, 2013.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Vaccaro's done...fractured ankle, surgery coming.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's a big blow to our defense. Can't help but think if Harper would have ever been in coverage on that last drive had Vaccaro not gotten injured.

Speaking of that last drive, I'll be damned if Saints fans didn't just relive the 49ers debacle in the 2011 playoffs.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Had Vaccaro not gotten injured we wouldn't be having this discussion. The 40 yd rushing TD likely wouldn't have happened. the TD on the final drive likely wouldn't have happened. But unfortunately Harper is who we have no for the playoff drive. At least he has experience and knows this defense, even if his execution of it isn't anywhere on par with Kenny's.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

They need to just have him as a blitzer. He's of no user in coverage.

5. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I'm pretty sure our opponents are aware of that and will scheme accordingly. It's hard to hide a DB that can't cover unless you play straight man coverage all the time and pray they don't go 4 and 5 wide a lot where he has to do some coverage on somebody other than a FB or RB.. The flip side is that with our pass rush greatly improved due in large part to Jordan and Gallette, he doesn't have to cover that much or for very long hopefully. I'm hoping he steps up as much as possible and does his job.

6. fanatic

You're right, but we knew Carolina was going to blitz and we couldn't stop it. Harper is 2nd in the league at his position for QB sacks since '11, I think. That's what he does best. It's all about execution.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Brees has been somewhat limited in practice this week with a sore knee. Gonna need better protection.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well, this week will be one of those weeks I will pull for the Saints to lose. Arizona has more Tigers, so a Saints loss and a Cardinals win puts Arizona in that wild card spot.

9. fanatic

Fuck off LaSalle. :) (Disclaimer: I say that attempting to be funny, not out of hate)

Yep, and you know Tampa's going to bring it all day long.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It was alot easier to root for them when Randall Gay and Devry Henderson were on the roster.

fanatic likes this.