Saints vs Raiders

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 18, 2020.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I'm assuming you are talking about Brees?

mctiger likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

yes

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I couldn't agree more. It was the nudge I needed to turn off the NFL.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

In as much as everyone wants to push the Brees button (he earned his share) the clown trophy goes to the secondary. That was some bottom feeder level coverage.

Every last player on the team should have a yellow hankie in their locker until they can show some discipline in front of a bunch of speakers.

mctiger likes this.
  5. mctiger

I'm putting my money where my mouth is. When Kaep started all this mess, I said I watch football for entertainment and not moral guidance, so I don't give a damn what they stand or kneel for. Maybe because I tend to channel surf at every break, I haven't noticed much on-screen woke messaging (the helmet sticker on the back isn't nearly as in-your-face as the NBA jersey phrases). Having said all that, last night certainly was not very entertaining.

And after two very un-Drew like performances, I find myself thinking this will be another wasted season if he chooses to stick it out and Payton sticks with him. Maybe he'll be back to normal next week, but somehow, I don't think so.

KyleK and fanatic like this.
  6. mctiger

The really bad thing about this is that PI calls have a way of snowballing. After 8 calls (I think) in two games, the refs are going to be looking for it, and you're going to see more and more ticky tack calls go against us.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He's inaccurate now even on intermediate throws. He's turned into Checkdown Charlie.

mctiger likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Not last night they weren’t. We are, however a good team for sure. I think you are wrong on that one.

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

He’ll be back. Then revert to the Drew of late. It’ll have peaks and valleys. Our success depends on Payton more now than ever. We need to get 7 and 11 more touches. Having MT will definitely help. Plus Davenport is coming back. We are a good team. Despite all the chicken little talk. Don’t be fooled. Not withstanding injury or bad breaks, we are definitely in the mix. If we beat GB next week, things will “feel” a whole lot different. It still baffles me why the sky is always falling with sports fans. It’s as if people forget that tomorrow is another day.