Saints vs Rams NFCCG thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 16, 2019.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Fo sho, sista.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If the Rams had legitimately beaten the Saints I would root for them over the Patriots but as it stands I wish there was some way both teams could lose. How about if it went 5 or 6 hours of overtime and neither team could score. Players are dropping like flies from exhaustion and Roger Goodell is forced to make the decision to declare it a tie.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

All that ad revenue... don’t tempt them.

el005639 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You miss the point. All the ads are set up long before the game. It's all planned out. You ever notice how there are more commercials more frequently in the first half than in the second? That's so if the game turns into a blowout they still maximize the number of viewing eyeballs.

I just want to see Goodell somehow called upon to make some decision that would anger enough owners to fire him.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I read today that nfl is set to exceed $25B this year. As long as the money rolls in they won't fire him.

Richdog likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Of course this is correct.

Iconic Randy's Donuts is all Rams, lol.
    [​IMG]

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Mike Periera suggesting that another member be added to every officiating crew, this one in an enclosed video booth with the power to review and override any officials call. Think its a good idea - if you're willing to use technology, go all the way with it - but the reviews should also come in real time. The video ref should not have the authority to stop the clock to review a call; he should have to do it before the next play starts, just as the guys on the field do. I think the other half of this - meaning we're going fully into technology - is that coaches should be able to challenge anything. They'd still only have 2 challenges per game, and they still lose a time out if they're wrong. But why limit what they're allowed to challenge? It would likely mean coaches would sit on their challenges until the last few minutes of the game, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I was just thinking about this. I bet it's because you'd have coaches using it to their advantage challenging every play to slow down the game or let their defense rest. Just think a red flag every play in the 4th qtr until something was a failed challenge.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

But each coach only has 2 challenges.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Oh my mistake I thought you said unlimited. I can't read.