Saints vs Ravens thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Oct 21, 2018.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Didn't really notice after that.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Ravens have a helluva defense. And our defense didn't distinguish itself. But the W is all that matters.

fanatic likes this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

but, they did deserve to win that one. they were the better team, the team that took chances. Ravens just hung in there. Their D (Ravens) can be lights out when it wants to be.

fanatic likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

7 targets, 7 completions for 134 yards and a TD when guarding Brown. They should have thrown to him every time. Crawley is reminding me a lot of Jason David. He had one good play when he knocked the ball out of Javrous Allen's hands on 3rd down. I think it may be time to see what his backup can do. Certainly can't be any worse.

I thought the offense played about as well as can be expected on the road, outside, against a ferocious defense. They rushed for 134 yards when the Ravens were only giving up 83 per game and the passing game was serviceable, but below average. Still, they only had 1 turnover, which shouldn't have counted because they weren't going to get the first down anyway.

Besides Crawley, the defense played pretty good. We're still the No.1 defense against the run (only gave up 77 today on 23 carries) and gave up less than 300 yards passing, but only had 1 sack and no turnovers. If we could ever find a way to get pressure with the front 4 without blitzing, we'd pretty much be unbeatable.

Lastly, this is the 2nd game this year we've won because of missed kicks, but I'll take it; especially since we're usually on the losing end of shit like that.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Rewatch the Atl game. It was ugly. Crawley was back in by the 2nd half.

6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

This isn't correct, btw. Not that Crawley isn't bad, but on the Raven's should've been game tying TD, we were in zone. Lattimore passed Brown off and Bell couldn't get over in time. I think we should have been in man in that situation being that Flacco isn't a mobile quarterback...

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That stats were right, it just wasn't Crawley guarding him on the last TD. Anyone else hear Chris Myers jinx Tucker? Right before the kick, he said Tucker has never missed an xtra pt in his career. And look what happened. Thank you Chris Myers

P.S. Pat Pete officially asks Cardinals for a trade. Says he wants to go to the Saints. They'll probably want a first and we don't have one to give. Maybe they'll take Bridgewater. I would mortgage the future for another Super Bowl run that P2 would most assuredly give us.

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Hmmm. Bridgewater, eh? Not sure they'd go for it, but I'm with ya. Maybe a future #1?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I doubt if the Cards would want Bridgewater. Rosen is their first round pick and Bridgewater's contract expires after next season. Maybe they would take a 2nd and a player.

ParadiseiNC likes this.