Saints vs Seahawks

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 22, 2019.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Still some things to clean up, but this one goes under the "any win is a good one" category. The team now knows it can win without Brees, even in one of the league's most hostile environments. Now we get the Cowgirls, a better team, but at home. Feeling better about where we are now than I did a week ago.

didit, fanatic and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

To hell with the rainy city bitch pigeons!

FTF!

Bengal B likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If the Saints can get a home dome win vs Dallas thry shows be favored in 3 of the next 4 games with only a road trip to Soldier Field as a dog. That would take us to the bye week. If the project 6 weeks out for Brees is correct he should return for the Falcons game. It would really be sweet to be 5-2 going into that game.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

We've got to clean up the penalties! The disappointing thing is that it was a point of focus this week and we still were still in the double digits. The first 2 offensive possessions were pathetic. Way to help out your backup QB. Then, the garbage TD at the end of the game should never have happened, but that's what you get when you give them 7 chances instead of 4 and took an INT away from PJ and Marcus.

ehusson80 likes this.
  5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

You’re definitely right but those defensive penalties at the end were by design so they would run all the time off the clock. Good strategy actually. Sort of Belichick-ian. Not very sporting, though...

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Would be nice. I think the 6 week projection is extremely optimistic personally.

Regarding penalties, it’ll take some time for O-line to adjust to TBW. Different cadences, etc. So used to Brees for so long.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Maybe the last one was, but I don't think Cam's offside was intentional. That's the one that cost PJ a pick and he did look kind of frustrated. If we possess the ball, we can bleed the clock ourselves.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Man this game really helped me knock off my funk of Brees getting injured. I hate seeing the conservative offense, but hopefully over time they open up things for Teddy. And I really hate having to bottle up Taysom, the footballers Swiss army knife.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@Rolan I think you'll see more of the playbook open to TB this week. Home game, will be easier to get him the plays, easier to make audibles.

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

What a schedule we have @mctiger and it doesn't get easier. I really hate that Mark Ingram is gone, man we had something special with them. Not sure if I love Murray just yet, doesn't seem to have those big game changing plays like Mark did. Still a long season to go.