Saints Vs Texans Saturday 8/21 7pm

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Chase Daniels looked great.

Also, the announcers talked LSU football for the entire first half of the 3rd quarter b/c Lyn Rollins was up in the booth.....it was great.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I just read in the paper where Brett helms was injured and didn't play. I didn't realize that Trindon Holliday wasn't the only Tiger playing for Houston.

Chase Daniels won't be able to pass through waivers anymore after last night's game !!!

Arrington, Hill and Ivory sure looked good as well.

Two questions though:

Why do people leave enjoyable games early? I know it's pre season, but last night, the whole game was good to watch. I guess knowing the Saints were going to win the game is more important than actually watching good football that you pay through the teeth for. The stands were empty in the fourth quarter. The same thing happens in Tiger stadium all the time. I wouldn't leave an LSU game early even if I had to drive back to Shreveport.

As many very good athletes there are that play for the Saints, why in the heck can't they run down the field and just tackle the guy with the ball on kickoffs? The Saints really suck on kick coverage...is it coaching? I mean, it looks like the Saints kick off team players are running down the field trying to hug the opposing players instead of trying to separate the opposing players' heads and arms from their bodies like they should.
    Harry Coleman...this is your chance.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Just what the doctor ordered.

Saints looked great, especially on offense. The O-line dominated.

Daniel now pushing Ramsey for #2 QB. I still think Ramsey will win out due to his experience.

Looks like we will have to take 6 WRs this year, as Arrington is too good to let go and won't make it onto the practice squad (someone would scoop him off waivers).

Ramsey will play pretty much the entire way after Brees next week vs San Diego, to give him a chance for extended playing time like Chase received yesterday. I'm not a big fan of this method, but it did let Chase showcase his talents and that turned out to be a great thing.

It appears Junior Galette was held out so we could see much more of players like Wilkerson. Galette will supposedly see much of the action vs San Diego.

Ladell Betts hopefully will see the field as well. If he performs well, look for him to get the #3 RB spot, and Ivory and Hill will battle for the remaining spot on the 53 man roster. I give the nod to Hill, because he has been in this offense for 2 offseasons now and can pick up the pass protection and catch the ball out of the backfield much better than Ivory. But we will see.

Vets like Troy Evans and Pierson Prioleau played well last night and are making their case to stick with this team yet again.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Agree with this.

We shall see. Maybe 31-year-old Ramsey just sucks that bad. But I do think Chase doesn't have it to ever be a starting NFL QB. And we still have the rookie 6-foot-4 QB from Oregon State we drafted who might turn out to be pretty good.

If it was between Ivory and Hill, I'd give the nod to Ivory (although I like Hill as well). I liked the play from Ivory and Hill, but most of the credit goes to the OL. Agreed with the announcers about how teams like the Saints like to take not-so-great running backs while loading up on OL. But Ivory and Hill were doing well enough for guys that are not-so-great NFL running backs.