Saints vs Titans

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Aug 16, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Anyone go to or see the game? It's pre-season, so not a lot of starters in after the 1st Q or so, but Mett was impressive for the Titans. 20-25 for 269 2TDs and 1 pick. Not too shabby, even if it was against 2nd and 3rd string talent.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I watched. Griffin looks like he's got good good chemistry with the receivers. F all y'all who are saying Ingram is worthless. I will grant you that it's the preseason, but dude looks like he is finally hitting his stride. The O line loos solid even without Grubbs and Evans. When they're in there is should get better. Vaccaro is a stud in the secondary. What's wrong with Stills?

Mett did look pretty good against the backups. I was glad to see him do well.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I was a little disappointed. The penalties aside, Tennessee gashed our first team offense. Jake Locker should not be able to do that. Should have been able to run the ball better as well. Griffin is looking more and more like he can be Brees' successor, assuming Drew doesn't play until he's 45. Both he and McCown looked like they got much deeper into the passing game than against StL, but McCown just didn't look as consistent, although that second TD throw to Graham was a fantastic pass. Agree that Ingram finally looks like he will make an impact, as does Joseph Morgan. On defense, Vaccaro and Jordan look like beasts, and Curtis Lofton just doesn't get enough credit. Big thumbs up to Sunseri, he played a whale of a game. Ditto Bunkley.

BTW, there was a closeup of Ramon Humber some time during the game....the biceps on that guy! He looks like he has thighs hanging off his shoulders.

plotalot likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I quote myself, after the Rams game.
    BC's stock is suddenly on the rise:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/08/new_orleans_saints_brandon_col.html#incart_m-rpt-2