Saints vs Yucks

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Bengal B, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Drive stalls in red zone. Lutz makes it 3-0.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Teddy B throws INT

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Teddy Breeswater? 26-34 314 yrds 4 TD

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Another good win. We were the better TEAM today. 1 TB TD drive was made possible by a horrible holding call on a fantastic INT by Apple. Total bs call. Another was against our prevent. Lattimore was dominant again. Offense was really good. Really excellent performance all around. WHO DAT baby!!! Let’s keep it going...

Bengal B likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Sorry I didn't do a thread for this game. After the golf outing on Saturday I had to do a makeup day at home, so I DVR'd the game and managed to avoid hearing anything about it until I watched last night. My thoughts:
    Very good day for Teddy B. Love how he shook off the int, which wasn't really his fault, but he did cool off in the end. Was that because TB went to zone coverage?
    We ran the ball pretty well, especially against that defense, and I love that we got Cook involved in the passing game. We need him to step up; still waiting on a WR other than Mike to do so.
    Defense is balling out! Two top things in my mind were that we got consistent pressure with a 4-man pass rush (Rankins getting push was great to see, and Davenport was beastly), and Lattimore shut out (!!!) Evans. Two weeks in a row Lattimore has returned to his rookie season form, need him again this week to clamp down on D.J. Chark.
    Only negative I really have from yesterday was Peyton's decision to go for it on 4th down with 1:30 left. Kick the 35-yard FG, and its a 17-point lead; game over. Granted, the chance of a quick TD, onside kick recovery and another quick TD were very small, but they still managed to get to step two of that scenario. Why even afford them the chance?
    One more neg was Harris with 2 mishandles in the return game. I love the guy; he's a big play waiting to happen, but I predict if he puts one on the ground next week, CSP will be looking for another option.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Totally agree. I was screaming at my TV over the call.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Same. I know he wanted to get the first down and run out the clock but as mc said, a FG, which is almost automatic from Lutz these days, puts you up by 3 scores and its impossible for them to score 3x with the amount of time left. If it was less than a yard, the better decision may be to go for it, but if I recall correctly, the line to get was almost 2 full yards. But it all worked out, so WHO DAT!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

TE Ben Watson has been released by the Patriots. Should the Saints sign him?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

That’s what I was thinking

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Who would we release or demote to practice squad?