Saints waive Carney

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by GeauxTigers88, Dec 22, 2009.

1. GeauxTigers88

GeauxTigers88 Freshman

2. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, I'll tell you what, I for one am glad to see this. It is a good move for him and the Saints. They keep him part of the Saints family for the rest of the regular season, uh, two games, which allows a switch back next season, or he remains a "consultant" = coach. Either way, I do not want to see the Saints lose his experience and insight. Additionally, Carney is class, in my book. Did you see the ad he took out in the T-P years ago after his first "cut" by the Saints? After being cut, he took out an ad thanking the citizens of N.O. for their support. Despite being clearly surprised and disappointed at that moment, he took the time and effort to do something like that, which said a lot about him as a person. He may not have the leg strength he once had, but he has had a fantastic career, and deserves to have his tenure end differently than just being cut, IMO, and the Saints are smart to keep his knowledge and experience a part of the team.

1 person likes this.
  4. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Guest

He may be fires as a consultant after today.

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

And rehired as the kicker.