San Diego St vs Houston to set attendance mark

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Mar 11, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think this is great exposure for college baseball and would like to see a Major League Day for college baseball teams where a bunch of them opened a Major League facility each season. I think it would be good exposure for college baseball and would generate more interest. Would also give many fans a good opportunity and reason to visit a Major League park, these new ones are incredible, and also present a good opportunity for college baseball to attract some new fans.

San Diego St

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I think we need to strive to break that mark on April 27th, when the Tigers
    play the Green Wave in the Superdome.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'm taking 12 to the game at the Superdome. LSU fans are the greatest and we need to show the rest of the college baseball community we don't need some marketing scheme to show support for our baseball team.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

That's a good point. We didn't have major marketing when we set the record just by having the game in the dome where the (cough) millions and millions of LSU fans had an opportunity to attend. I guess there were a few Greenies in there, too.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

While selling 35,000 - 40,000 tix to a college baseball will be impressive, I'll be curious to know how many actual fans show up .... I hope they report both actual and paid attendance. If I remember correctly, we had less than 3,000 no shows ... about 24,000 actual fans in the Dome.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Whatever they get will be great for college baseball. But if they have a lot of no shows everyone would be surprised as this is the first game at this brand new stadium.

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

With the other attraction, of course, being that San Diego State is coached
    by favorite son, Tony Gwynn. He'll be making the appearance in the new ballpark that he didn't get to make as a player.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

This sounds like a challenge. LSU-Tulane should sell $3 tickets to the game in the Dome to set a new record.

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Well guys buy tickets now. They set the record tonight and we need a HUGE effort to break it. The new record is 40,106. I hope LSU and Tulane both market this game like crazy. I really hate to see us lose this record to a scrub team like SDSU because of a promotions gimic.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was going to mention that about Tony Gwynn myself. He is doing a good job promoting San Diego State baseball and he has the major league connections to put a game like that together. Did the teams use wooden bats or aluminum bats? I would love to see LSU play a game agianst an MLB team every year about this time of year when the Big Leaguers are in spring training. The way Clay Dirks has been pitching the last couple of games I would love to see him starting against an MLB team with the Big Unit, or Pedro or somebody of that stature as the opposing pitcher.

How about a Dynasty vs Dynasty game? LSU vs the New York Yankees.