Sapling outflanked on Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

I see where Sapling is starting to hold his breath until his face turns blue to try to get ANY country in the world on his side in the Iraqi episode. Sapling, who BTW to my knowledge, hasn't shown his ass in the Middle East, is now saying that Iraq is not living up to the inspection terms. Funny, I have read the papers and listened to the news, and I haven't heard any complaints at all from inspectors. Of course, Saddam Hussein didn't "try to kill their daddy". Plus, they aren't running for reelection in a couple of years with a failed domestic policy, a failed incursion into Afghanistan, etc. and have to try to "cook up a terrorist scare" and make someone the boogey man to try to get enough votes to win. Sapling is indeed a pathetic excuse for a human being who would risk American servicemen lives just for personal revenge and political gain. Perhaps, Sapling, the great military man, should bring his old Texas Air National Guard fighter out of mothballs and lead the assault himself. I know I would feel a lot better if he did. :)

2. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

maybe you should read more

from the SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
    "The weapons inspections appeared to run into its first serious problem Monday when inspectors said "a number of pieces of equipment" found at a top- secret missile development plant in 1998 had disappeared, despite a requirement under U.N. resolutions that they not be moved.

A terse U.N. statement did not specify the nature of the missing equipment that was identified during a six-hour inspection at the Waziriyah missile plant in Baghdad's northern suburbs.

Iraqi officials said immediately after the inspection that the team had found nothing amiss. But hours later, the inspectors' statement brought a sudden turn in what, until Monday, had been a series of tense but largely uneventful inspections.

The statement, brusquely worded, said the missing items had been placed under surveillance by monitoring cameras in 1998 and "tagged" with numbered labels signifying that they were not to be moved.

"It was claimed that some of these had been destroyed by the bombing of the site; some had been transferred to other sites," the statement said.

Iraqi officials remained silent on the issue Monday night after the statement was issued and made no comment about it early today as inspectors made their first unannounced visit to one of Hussein's presidential palaces.

3. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Actually, I will quote your own post

"It was claimed that some of these had been destroyed by the bombing of the site; some had been transferred to other sites," the statement said.

So now Saddam Hussein is responsible for US airstrikes destroing monitoring equipment, huh? And if you have prove that didn't happen, why don't you show it to us. Also, the UN hasn't been doing inspections for years, so to "after the fact" claim this violates the newly passed resolutions is nonsense.