Satellite TV

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by busybee, Jul 19, 2004.

1. busybee

busybee Founding Member

Which Satellite system is better, Dish Network or Direct TV when it comes to LSU FOOTBALL? Do I buy ESPN College Game Plan? Last year LSU did not play once on there if my investigation is correct. I live in Illinois and don't want to miss a game, cost is not a issue, help. :lsup:

2. pabloknight

pabloknight Freshman

I am going to say DirecTv because they have the TiVo recorder with 2 tuners in it. That way, you can tape one game while watching another. The DISH PVR doesn't allow you to do that, I believe. I love mine, especially during the football season. Plus, it has the instant playback feature, so you can rewind a play, then skip back to live.....

If you are interested, check out www.rapidsatellite.com and use the savings passcode 2304 if you decide to order. You can get a free up-to-5 room system, or a one-room TiVo system for free and installed for free with the #.

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

I would say that since you can get local channels now on DirectTV, that it would be the way to go.

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Directv

no question

5. sparkafatty

sparkafatty Founding Member

3 words

Free To Air
    Small investment, under $500 and then it's free, free, free. ALL dishnetwork channels including ppv, packages and locals from around the country so you can see all the nfl games every sunday plus hundreds of other sat. system channels..but no direct tv channels..... do a google... it's prefectly legal too.

6. dallaslsufan

dallaslsufan Founding Member

Can you give more info on Free To Air. I did a google search and haven't found anything that refers to this.