Satisfied with Mediocrity

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

You're just mad because he stole your line. :):wave:

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Were ticket prices going up every year?

3. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

Yes and no. 8 wins is grounds for an extension, but the extension does still have to be granted. Although at 8 wins it requires two different people to sign off on NOT granting it - I want to say it was the Chancellor and System President?

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I read on up it as much as I could (couldn't find anything that explained it though).

The way I read what I found, I thought the way it works is that Les in on contract thru 2011. However, if he doesn't get 8 wins each season until 2011, then we can fire him for cause.

In other words, it looks like we have a contract that says he is guaranteed a job as our coach until 2011, with the condition that you get have to get 8-win seasons until 2011.

5. Pontius Pilate

Pontius Pilate Veteran Member

I am not satisfied with Leslie at all

6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

It goes back to seeing some sort of improvement throughout the year. LSU only put together maybe one or two complete games. THe performance was very poor all year. I can accept losses, I cant accept a team thats not improving and underachieving. I just want to see the kids being coached up and improving. Thats not at all happening. The best personnel isnt being used either.

7. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

From the following link:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/graphics/2009/coaches-contracts/pdf/miles_lsu.pdf

The memorandum on page 7:

Page 18 is a written notice that Sean O'Keefe elected to extend said contract in 2006.

The beginning of page 20 contains the line that the Chancellor is authorized to extend the agreement by one year, every year after the season is over.

It certainly looks to me like this is saying that an 8 win season is a guideline for adding an extra year, but this is not mandatory. Terms like "discretion" and "electing" imply a choice. Specifically, the Chancellor and President together can agree not to extend the contract. And I don't see why O'Keefe would have to send notice that he elects to extend it if it was automatic anyway.

Oh, and the "termination of COACH for cause" section certainly doesn't say anything about failure to win X games as being cause.

I don't know contract law, so I might be completely wrong, but this is my understanding, and where it comes from.

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Does it say anything about the coach putting a kid with a mild concussion in an electrical closet?

Doh...wrong thread!

:wave:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I thought TC was gone forever?

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

He pulled an Urban Meyer