Saving the Planet

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, May 17, 2011.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Have you noticed the length of receipts at a grocery store? I went in to get like 2 things and enough paper is printed that cost a pine tree its life.

Paper of plastic? How about just making my bags out of the gd receipts.

1 person likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Try going in and getting groceries for a family of 4. They end up putting it on a used toilet paper roll. Need a fork lift with one of those unicorn attacments to carry the damn thing to the car.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They have a very long printout at CVS Pharmacy, but I have discovered that there are coupons on there that essentially let me get shampoo, vitamins, and such fer nuthin'. Just for bringing part of the coupon back to them. Sure, pal.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I went shopping with my wife last Saturday because I told her she was spending too much. She insisted I go with her to see for myself.
    We spent more with me going with her!
    It's impossible to buy a weeks worth of groceries and household needs for less than 150$.
    I freaked out on how much prices has risen. Especially meat. Four chicken breast was ten dollars. Unbelievable.

5. red55

In a few years we will pay by swiping our cellphones past a sensor and it will write a digital receipt back on it.

Or . . . we will be bartering with chickens, depending on the future economy.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I spend $200 a week on groceries and household items and there are just 2 of us. And I'm not talking real extravagant stuff. Gas expenses are up to $150 a week and we don't drive that much. I don't know how families of 4 make it on salaries under $100K.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I won't let my wife shop at the grocery store. She has never compared prices of any two items in her life. So instead, I use it as a little father-daughter time with my three year old. We spend an average of about $100-$120 per week for a family of four. We eat very basic meals though because that's what the kids like. My daughter would be happy with Hamburger Helper and strawberries every night of the week.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Man, I hope not. My neighborhood's not zoned for chickens.:hihi:

9. red55

The ones I know usually require two breadwinners to do it. Medium-to-big families can rarely afford to have full-time housewives anymore.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

that does sound pretty tasty. hamburger helper is good ****