Saving the Planet

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, May 17, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

:lol:

Ring this one up as the post of the month. That's good stuff right there.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Tomato Basil Penne....mmmmmmm!!

3. mobius481

I wish I had the patience and stamina to do that. Instead I use very rudimentary money saving techniques.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

My wife was a nurse. She got sick with tumors and had to take a leave. She worked part time for a while as a manager at a local hotel while she was looking into disability. She can't work as a nurse because she takes meds that's not allowed at her job. Now my boy with ceberal palsey has gotten sicker. I don't think she will be able to return to work. The whole load is on me now. I make good money at my job and my employer is great to me. We must live on a budget now. The raising prices on gas and groceries are a big concern. I don't see how some people can survive. Hell, I pay over 500$ a month in medicine and doctor visits now not counting 808$ a month in medical insurance a month. The next election will be all about the economy. There is a lot of scared people right now. I know if I lost my job we would sink. I can't imagine the stress the people that are laid off feel.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I say spend it if ya got it.

We're all going to die next year anyway.

6. mobius481

I would say that is a function of people having to have more "stuff" rather than cost of living being higher don't you think? Most families could cut back a bread winner and have a smaller house, more modest vehicle(s), less than 500 channels, low or no wireless bills, and take less extravagant vacations but that wouldn't be our culture these days would it?

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

You guys suck at getting groceries. My family of four eats on 300 a month. Once we can cut diapers out it will be about 250. We do not eat cheap processed crap either. We eat a ton of fresh fruits and vegetables, oatmeal, whole chickens, lean ground beef, ground turkey, super fiber breads, and RGH free milk. If we would cut the beer, coke, and Zapps out of the budgets we could eat on less than 250. Have any of you ever heard of sales and coupons? Do you-know Wal-Mart will price match any other store?

Just to rub it in some more... on Sunday I bought six lbs of broccoli and Target had to pay me 4 dollars back. That is called a money maker.

Also here is a list of thigns we all use everyday, and you are a sucker if you aren't getting these thigns for free:
    1. Shampoo & Conditioner
    2. Soap
    3. Deoderant
    4. Shaving Cream
    5. Tooth Paste
    6. Dental Floss
    7. Tooth Brushes
    8. Razors
    9. Kleenex

I have been getting these items for free or less since 2002.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think im gonna start using coupons just for fun. If nothing else, just to get back at all those people I end up behind in line. Where would one find these things? Sunday paper?

9. mobius481

I think there are websites too.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure, but the coupon clipper in my office now gets most of hers online. Companies give away tons of coupons to people who just ask for it. Google coupon.