Saw Perrilloux today in Austin

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 12, 2005.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

A few of the football players from that US Army All-American Bowl game in San Antonio this coming weekend were at the 24-Hour Fitness club here in Austin.

Unfortunately, I was just walking in as the fellas were leaving. I also noticed Reginald Youngblood in the group of about a half dozen players. They had the Army All-American shirts on with their names on their backs, otherwise I am not sure I would have made the connection.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

OK, you got me...I'll ask...how is this noteworthy?

3. islstl

Not sure. I'm bored. All other threads on here lately have had about as much substance.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

You should have given him a "Hey, Ryan! :geauxtigs !!!!!"

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

He was interviewed today by Rivals.com, while in town for the game, and made the statement that, "Texas is my school."

It's on their main site...Read it...

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

you should have gotten him to sign your Ipod or game boy or backpack or bicycle seat, or calculator. who knows he could be the next Peyton Manning? :shock:

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I just remember when Marquise Hill kept saying he was "going to Michigan". Kept saying it all the way to signing day...... but he didn't go to Michigan. Never signed that letter and faxed it to Michigan....

I know THAT was Hill, and we're talking about Perrilloux, but the situations were similar and while I'm not exactly holding my breath on the chance RP will sign with :lsup: , I'm not going to be so certain that he won't. At least not until his "John Hancock" is scribbled down and faxed to Mack Brown.

8. islstl

Well it caught me by surprise....in fact I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I saw Perrilloux on the back of his jersey.

Otherwise I would have screamed out LSU just to see his reaction.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Boston B...Me and my Team Leader had the EXACT discussion about that at work today after "quitting time"...

I was the only guy that Marquise ever told he was "LSU all the way"...I like to think my rapport building skills were evident even back then...He joked with me about how he could tell that each person representing each site gave such ridiculously slanted questions...as if they were just asking him to tell them what they wanted to hear...So he did...

He said that "Some LSU website," talked like his mind was already made up (This was a kick at Scarborough) who was talking junk on air and online that he was a gone pecan to Michigan...

I ended up asking him-after he got down off his soapbox-about after you stripped away all the site owners and experts and writers and stuff (acting like I wasn't, LOL!), where did he really want to go?

He said, "I'm LSU all the way...About 80%..."

I had to laugh...But we all know what happened...Marquise was a helluva lot smarter than the average 18 year old...Both street wise and in a mischevious sort of way...One of my favorite interviews during my brief "LSU media" career...LOL

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Doing a Lil Trojan board Luuuuurkin

NYEquitiesTrader
    (1/13/05 4:48:48 pm)
    Reply Ryan Perrilloux
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pretty amazing how he's added us in the mix, considering we already got Sanchez, the #1 QB in the class (and how he wants to compete against him)............says so much about how highly these elite athletes think about our program!

MahatmaKaneJeeves
    (1/13/05 4:55:05 pm)
    Reply Re: Ryan Perrilloux
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope that is the case but it could just be a freebie trip to USC to hang with some buddies he's met at these all-star games..
    I don't know the particulars of his visit so I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt..

Hornfan84
    (1/13/05 4:57:37 pm)
    Reply Re: Ryan Perrilloux
    he already has a verbal commitment to Texas...but you never know with these athletes. I think he's just trying to put on a show.

trueSONofTROY
    (1/13/05 4:59:19 pm)
    Yah, hopefully there aren't any ulterior motives...
    I really hope he isn't just using us to chill in the California sun ...

But if Ryan is actually considering SC ... wow ... what a QB battle this summer .. Hinds, Sanchez, Perrilloux, Booty ...

Fight on!

Fight On! Undisputed NC 04-05

Kravis
    (1/13/05 4:59:24 pm)
    Reply That's just maddness
    IMO, Perrilloux is a looooong shot at best.

Regardless, this SC recruiting machine is getting out of hand...

PC 9000: "I'm afraid I can't let you commit there. Come to USC..."

Edited by: Kravis at: 1/13/05 5:01:34 pm

USCemper
    (1/13/05 5:02:53 pm)
    Reply Re: That's just maddness
    Ah, now I got it. He is the silent RB the pundits have been talking about.

hiexpectations
    (1/13/05 5:04:03 pm)
    Reply Hey Kravis!
    what is with the "HAL" signature.

Bring back the swanky swank!!!

And while I am thinking of it, lets have a new one every few days.

Hornfan84
    (1/13/05 5:17:46 pm)
    Reply Re: yeah Kravis
    who was that chick?

IEforUSC
    (1/13/05 5:19:26 pm)
    Re: yeah Kravis
    I'm pretty sure she's Veronica Vanoza, just google it and you'll get a million hits

Getting back to Ryan Perrilloux, where did you read that he's visiting USC because I don't see it. Also, if this is true, do you all think it would affect Sanchez' thinking towards us at all? Just wondering.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the Perrilloux news...