Saw this on the rant...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Jun 28, 2011.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Basically, the post said the following:

LSU 11-1, with a lone loss to Bama in OT

Bama 13-0 after SEC Champ game....

Oregon is also 11-1 with loss to us.....

WVU is 11-1 with loss to us.....

OU losses their Champ game....

No other undefeated teams..

You would have to think after all of that Bama would be ranked #1 and LSU a commanding #2.....

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

OU doesn't play in a championship game this year if they win the Big 12. They only have 10 teams now, so it's a round robin with no championship game. However if they were to drop one in the regular season, I just don't know that would be tough. Of course I would say vote LSU in, but how can you not vote in Oregon or West Virginia because LSU beat them, then turn around and let us in to play Bama when they beat us. Now if we crush WVU and Oregon, and lose to Bama in OT like you said, that would be interesting....and have OU drop one in the regular season to someone like FSU or Texas...

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I will not allow myself to think about losing a game to Bama

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

schedule is too difficult this year. we will have a better team with a worse record. thats how it goes sometimes. as long as we finish in the top 50 in offense and top 20 defense Im good.

5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

as long as we are dreaming, we can just say LSU and bama finish with zero or one loss each, while every other team in football has at least 2 or 3 losses

LSU beats bama at the superdome in the BCS title match... that would have to be my favorite game of all time

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It would be epic but has like a 1 in 10,00 chance of happening......

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

This is roughly what happened to Stanford last year except that Auburn and TCU were still undefeated and they lost BIG to Oregon. We mustn't forget that the BCS-Busters have to have at least one loss to be considered out of the championship. I wouldn't mind seeing that happen, but I'd rather see us go undefeated overall. :milesmic:

8. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

I don't want to say this a flawed system, but...

If Oregon's only loss is to LSU, then Oregon would be 12-1 (Pac-12 Championship Game). If they play in the Pac 12 CG, they'd most likely play a ranked team from the Southern division, giving Oregon a quality win in their last game. Oregon will most likely be in the top 5 when they play LSU (Which will also be ranked in the top 5). A loss to LSU won't drop them to far down (maybe 10th?), with 12 more games to re-climb the rankings.

If LSU's only loss is to 'Bama, which is their 9th game of the season, it could drop them out of the top 3 or so (Assuming they're #1), with not a lot of time to climb back up, and no championship game to make that late statement. I don't envy LSU in the teams they have to play in their division. It's almost not fair...almost. :)

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Good point, but we finish the season with Ark, who will be around a 1-2 loss team at the time so they will be ranked...

With our schedule and having 1 loss, LSU would be top 3 for sure... no doubt in my mind...

TO add, beating Oregon and then Oregon going on to win the pac10 would also boost us in polls...

10. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

Yeah, it seems in the past if all things are close to even, that a SEC team will get the nod for their schedule.

Do you think Arkansas will only lose 1 or 2 games? I see them losing to LSU, Miss St. and 'Bama. Mallett's gone. The new guy Taylor Wilson is a stud, but has to fill some BIG shoes. Maybe their running game will give them a win against one of those team, but last year when Mallett struggled, Arkansas struggled. I see Wilson struggling against those defenses.

Just my opinion.