Say what you want but Les Miles is a good coach, man and recruiter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Jan 7, 2013.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If our offense didn't look awful, a lot of us believe the W/Ls would sort themselves out. Offensive woes make a lot of us have less confidence in Miles, win or loss.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I thought the same in 08.. Though, Miles is repeatable. He repeats 10 win seasons. In those seasons we are always in the hunt. Likely to debate a few miscues in our failure to win an NC.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure, we are going to have bad games. But an 80% winning record is nothing close to a loser for a coach. He gets paid to win football games and he's getting it done like few others.

TigerTap and Winston1 like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Thats a great point. About what, i have no idea.

5. lsu-i-like

Was I concerned about Clemson before the game? I know a lot of people were taking Clemson lightly and I was confused, seeing how we performed all season, where all that confidence was coming from. I don't know if I posted or not about Clemson before hand.

I don't think with what Miles gets paid and the way he recruits it is too much to expect a good effort on both sides of the ball more often than not. I think we may have had solid performances on both sides of the ball in less than half of the seasons since Miles has been here (last year offense wasn't great, but including that one I can only think of two seasons where that was arguably the case).

6. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I just don't know who could possibly come in and definitively do better. He makes the same amount of money as the top peers in his field, and he wins at a very similar rate. Does anybody think that Stoops is better than him? Kelly? Other Kelly? Meyer? If you really think so, then where's the proof? Where are their national championships? What are their winning percentages?

More importantly, what are their graduation rates? Sellout percentages? Total overall income?

What are you guys really upset about here? That he's not Saban?

Jesus Jumpingjack Christ. LOL

cajdav1 and LaSalleAve like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

All great points.

The Fire Miles crew needs to understand that when you make a coaching move (head coaching move) you are rolling the dice. It's a ripple effect usually throught the entire University. Means Frank Wilson could be gone, John Chavis, Brick Haley, the entire coaching staff. I mean 10 wins a season is a whole lot better than 6 win seasons, and 5 win seasons, and even 2 win seasons. You can take a risk and hope you get a guy that is the next bad ass coach, or you can get a Hallman, or a Chizik, or a Zook, that can just plunge your team back into the abyss or mediocrity. So anyone starts talking about removing a coach, have some alternatives or your point is completely useless. No more, "oh anyone could come in and do a better job" blah blah bullshit. Have viable alternatives, a head coach, assistants, oc and dc. And remember, it's Alleva who oversees the hire.

cajdav1, Winston1 and Attack Tiger like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

Who said fire Miles? I said the offensive performance is basically inexcusable. What do you do, practically? I think you put pressure on Miles, you don't give him a raise, you don't give him an extension. Let him leave if he is unhappy with his current contract. Let him go to Arkansas and conduct a coaching search if need be.

Or you resign yourself to the fact, that well, we had another year of miserable offense, but let's give him another year to fix it. He wins. Yeah, maybe we aren't on the level of Bama, and maybe we won't be next year, but in two years we might contend again (or continue to field weak-sauce offense but win enough games to be one of the better also-rans).

If y'all don't feel like Miles deserves criticism, I really don't think y'all give a crap. Miles is pissing away opportunity with the offense that he fields.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

how do you feel about your offenses execution?-i'm all for it. :)

10. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

I'd greatly prefer to rehire (with a hefty raise in salary) Bo Pelini to reunite with Les Miles. That system worked!