Say what you want but Les Miles is a good coach, man and recruiter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Jan 7, 2013.

1. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

same story, different year. certainly hope something changes with the offense and qb development!!! this sucks. if not for chief's defense our top 10 recruiting classes would turn out bottom 10 records.

2. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Red zone and two-minute drill are the only areas that REALLY need help. Everything else about the offense was encouraging this year.

Even with our red-zone deficiencies, we still wound up in the top half of the SEC in scoring. Had we converted in the red zone at anwhere NEAR the rate we did last year, we would have cracked the top two or three, and we wouldn't be talking about how bad the offense is.

The question is, does Studthorpe have the stuff to fix it? I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. I think a change is needed, but if there's not, all hope is not quite lost.

gyver likes this.
  3. seattlelsufan

seattlelsufan Veteran Member

I would love to see a new OC, someone with lots of experience and a very good relation with CLM. Someone CLM can completely trust. Then but Crag and Stud back to their role as position coaches. There was an article somewhere that suggested people like Cam Cameron or Chan Galey for the job, as they both have huge experience and are personal friends of CLM. Not sure if such big names would ever want to come down here (it is a big step from a HC job in nfl to a coord job in college, even in a great school like LSU). Still a man can dream.

4. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

John Chavis D with a minute to go versus Alabama 2012. That , to me, is what has changed. The QB situation was also messy.

5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

6 sacks by Clemson give me pause..................oh yea, 8, 3 and outs gives me a little more to think about. Then again, the amount of time it takes the QB to release the football crosses my mind too.;)

6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I think you are on to something with the step from HC to something else. TCU lost Randy Shannon from LB at TCU to the SAME job at Arkansas. I am not sure how well GP knew Shannon but with GP's personality (think VERY Nick Saban like with his demands), I choose to think they just did not get along. I have seen coaches at TCU practices get their azz ripped as bad as any player.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That and situational play calling, along with execution.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think that's unprofessional, though. Any azz ripping between colleagues should really happen privately.

9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Then you would have never liked being a fighter pilot either...............;)

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

No, I wouldn't have liked that at all. As a teacher, I've seen supposed professionals act very unprofessionally in front of each other, too. But it isn't a way I would choose to act, and I do think that adults can and should avoid being overly aggressive with their subordinates/colleagues. It is possible to make a point and see improvement without being an asshole.