Say What You Want

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Oct 23, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

totally agree, an inept offense was the reason we didn't win. It's funny because we torched this same defense last year, and they are probably worse in the secondary. the gameplan sucked, and our skill players on offense sucked today, and we abandoned stevan ridley. reminds me of 07 against Kentucky when we just forgot we had Charles Scott in the 2nd half of that game.

2. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

And the few carries he did get were losses and after that they completely forgot him.

3. LaSalleAve

I thought Ridley was pretty solid in the first half, we were running the football, then tried to use short pass plays instead of the running game. poor playcalling in my opinion, aided by dropped passes, poor quarterback play and bad decisions.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He had 12 carries for 36 yards. If a back can get you 3 yards per carry that's all you need...and EXACTLY what we needed to keep Cam off of the field.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Agreed I wish he did get more carries. Maybe the way I posted was the opposite, but he had some good runs on a lot of 3rd downs to get 1st's.

6. LaSalleAve

bingo, and he started losing yards because we were running the ball to the outside instead of pounding inside. That little toss play to Ridley where he just runs up the gut, was getting great yards for us. Shepard was the only guy who was getting good yards on the edge.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

In the 2nd half, we definitely got away from what was WORKING in the first half. I will go on to say that JL didn't throw the ball well after he left with the wrist injury. I guess that could've been a factor.

And this is probably best a rant for a different thread, but Toliver frustrated me with his drops, non bigger than dropping the first down on 3rd and 6. For all the talk about our "fabulous" WR's, they really aren't.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Possibly so but with the protection we were giving him Drew Brees would've had a hard time passing.

I don't think they're comfortable and can't get their stride, so-to-speak. When an offensive team is struggling it's a strain on everyone.

Also, if there's a down side to two quarterbacks it's that comfort zone of "knowing" each other. I saw a QB today (different game- VaTech) under pressure and having to motion his receiver to go deep. With the same QB/WR's they'll have that happen then talk about it and next time "they know". Also knowing each other's tendencies, etc.

10. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

+10

AU couldn't stop the run when we did run it and yet we go to the short passing game. Neither QB knows how to hit the receiver in stride or throw a screen. Terrible coaching!

Imagine this team with mediocre players with this offensive coaching staff. I doubt they would ever win a game.