scalping tickets to LSU home games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by aztiger03, Aug 6, 2004.

1. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

Is it legal and for OSU is there a chance to find 2 good seats??? Have not been to Tiger Stadium in a while and never had to worry about tickets till now.
    thank you in advance

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Its legal to sell them for face value, printed on the ticket, but anything over that is illegal.

3. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

It is not legal to scalp tickets in Louisiana, as far as getting a couple I think on Sat. Aug. 7th tickets will be on sale for home games on LSU Sports net (I think).
    Hope you get a chance to get a few and make the trip. :)

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

As long as the tickets are sold at face value, under Louisiana law, it is not scalping.

Below is a post from almost exactly a year ago, outlining the law in detail.

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=5123

5. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Of course, there is no law that I'm aware of that prevents you from buying the ticket at face value, and then buying a toothpick from them for $50. (I'm not a lawyer, though, so maybe there is a law that covers this). On ebay, I think people were selling small trinkets for a given dollar amount (that was more than the face value of tickets) and including the tickets for free, or for face value, etc.

Anti-scalping laws are stupid anyway... limit transactions to a limited number of tickets per credit card, add in some randomness, etc., if you're afraid of some person hording a lot of tickets and then re-selling them for a higher price.

6. dscott3

dscott3 Founding Member

Tickets on e-bay

There are $200, $300, even $400 t-shirts, coozies, hats, etc. that come with free tickets on e-bay. You would think if it was big deal (illegal) somebody would have stopped it by now. Hell I payed off my credit card last year using e-bay to sell extra tickets.