Scenario planning: Tigers next steps

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Nov 27, 2009.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

With the final regular season game upon us we will soon find out how this season finishes. We will also find out where the Tigers go regarding next year.

Scenario 1: Tigers win out. We win tomorrow and the Bowl game. We finish 10-3 and #10 in the country. No changes made to the coaching staff including Gary Crowton. Les Miles hits the road recruiting and the Tiger faithful settle down.

Personally, I think this would be a strategic mistake. Regardless of what happens, Crowton should go.

Scenario 2: We split the last 2 games. Finish 9-4. Gary Crowton is fired and Les Miles is officially on the hot seat for a 7-9 SEC record over the last 2 years. or we win tomorrow and lose the Bowl game.

I contend tomorrow's game is more important than the Bowl game although if we were to get blown out in the Bowl game or tomorrow's game I think the seat gets hot for Miles regardless.

Scenario 3: We lose both games and finish 8-5. GC is gone. Miles probably makes the cut for one year unless there is an all out revolt by the team and several decommits in recruiting.

This is the worst case scenario and unless we are blown out CLM is here for at least he 2010 season with a win the SECw or you are gone ultimatum.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i think that the scenerio you arent mentioning is the one that will happen.

we win and and crowton is gone anyway.

3. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

This.

Miles may not be a quick thinker but I don't think he's stupid. He knows that the 107th ranked offense isn't going to cut it just like he realized last year's defense wasn't going to cut it. I think Crowton is and should be gone regardless. We could have won the FL and AL games and should have won against OM. Our talent kept us in all of these an if we had an offense, we'd be undefeated right now.

:geaux:

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

To be honest Crowton imo shouldn't be allowed to coach the Arky or Bowl game. He knows he's gone regardless of the finish, so what's his motivation to "whoop ass"?
    To be honest LSU doesn't need GC to run a 3 and out offense, our players could do that themselves, and prolly call a better game. Is't there anyone in the program who could have better succes with the offensive play calling for the next 2 games?

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I like your first scenario, West Coast, except for Crowton staying. I have a lot of problems with Crowton, and I hope he leaves. Something tells me they will keep him on for one more year to dispaly his heinousness..oops I mean "geniusness":hihi:

6. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Yep Crowton is gone. I would be shocked (and pissed) if he is still here next year. :tigerhead

7. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Crowton is out for sure. He was worse than the co-DCs this time around, and inexperience was not the issue.

8. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I guess if Crowton stays then most of the fan base will have a meltdown with him still calling the plays.