schedule could be changing

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Mar 11, 2010.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

:popcorn:
    :popcorn:

chris low's blog

2. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

If we had that situation, I would certainly want some relief.

But you know, since it is Bama and the rest of us have to put up with so many of the Bama fans crowing day in and day out, let's just give in and let then hang out for four months without having to play any games before their appearance to accept the BCS Trophy in the White House or maybe the Vatican would be more appropriate now that Nick is a Saint and has his own statue.

I mean, if you listen to some of the Bama fans who visit TF and that some of us work with, they are now the perennial NC and for eternity every other team in the country is going to do nothing but try to copy them.

:eek:ldskule:

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I got no problem with that.

No one would want that to happen to them. Maybe we should apply for a week off in the West Virginia, Tennessee, Florida stretch...as long as the SEC is in a mood to accommodate Bama's request.

And maybe they should accommodate to all the other teams in the SEC by hiring real competent football officials while they're at it. :thumb:.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

seeking miracles now?:lol:

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Didn't we play Fla. and Bama after their bye's last season?

I agree, 6 opponents after their bye is a bit much.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

You know, Im a gump HATER extraordinaire and my initial thought is FUG EM. Let them deal with the schedule. They are the defending National Champ and everyone is going to be gunning for them anyway. It doesnt bother me if they get their schedule changed but I will be laughing if they get stuck with that crap. It does seem a little weird that over half their opponents get a bye week but its the way the cookie crumbles. Deal with it biotches.

7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

In a conference full of eternal unfairness, this is pretty high on the got-p****ed meter. I don't like them either but it's a bit much, no?

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The last three years Bama has played 17 teams who have had Bye weeks to get ready for the Tide. LSU I believe was second with 5. I suppose it's a compliment that so many teams pick Bama to be at their best. Some are choosing Bama over their own rivals, unbelievable.

No one is thinking twice about Florida. History is a bummer, no one seems to forget the past. It's going to change soon, you know where the SEC office is?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yes we did, so Bama should have to at least play UF and LSU coming off our bye weeks.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As much as I hate to admit it, this is only fair to Bama. They should have the same opportunities afforded them as everyone else. To have to play most of your conference schedule against opponents that have had 2 weeks to prepare for you is an unfair disadvantage to them. Also, by it getting fixed now it will prevent this from reoccurring to other teams in the future, which will help us and everyone else.