Scholarship application questions (college)

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by lsu99, Jun 27, 2014.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

My daughter is in her second year at LSU. She gets TOPS, a small scholarship from LSU, and another scholarship from a private foundation. The two scholarships total 1500/semester and her TOPS pays for her tuition. She lived last yea off of Burbank with two roommates in an apt. This year, she will live in that apt complex just nort of Wendy's on the north end of campus. Much nicer for only a few bucks more. They do the leases by the room. Her expenses run her mom and I about $1000/month.

I am hoping she will apply for more scholarships this year. It just takes a lot of time for each application and she has precious little time these days. She is in Europe for the summer. The FAFSA deadline is June 30 at midnight (yesterday). I got a frantic call from her because her FAFSA wasn't done. Everyone in our family thought someone else was doing it. I went home and did it after work, but my poor baby was scared to death. It was 8pm here, but 3am there. She had been scared to go to sleep until it was done.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I lived at Embassy Apts near Gourrier/Burbank my last few years at LSU (last year was during 2000). It was pretty nice back then and only a few minutes walk to most of my classes at Ceba. I want to say that a 2/1 was only about $700/month, which at $350 per person sounds a lot cheaper than it is currently.