Schools you love to hate

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bolobolo, Aug 12, 2003.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

You dont see what I am going? I didnt think my point was that tough to get. An AU fan railing LSU fans about lack of respect their fans show others. I laugh at this and other people who mock one group of fans for a certain act yet their own fan base does horrible things as well. I have tons of AU stories, UT stories, and USC stories about how horrible there fans treated us. I also have great stories from those teams about their fans. Point in case, pot meet kettle to others mocking SEC teams for bad fans.

Also, Travis, I grew up an LSU fan and went to literally every home game from 1985-1999 so I would qualify myself as an LSU fan. I went to UGA for education reasons.

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Ethnic shots against Cajuns is flat our wrong and inappropriate. Unfortuneately, I don't think people see them as an true ethnic group because they are typically white. Which is sad. Ethnic groups should not be negatively stereotyped in anyway, and if anything Cajun folks are fantastic people who would give you the food off their plate, even if it was their last bite. My inlaws are all from Gadon, LA, so you can understand my fondness there . .I have a question.

But I have a question, why do you folks think Auburn fans are so uppidy about LSU fans. . .I am curious.

a) not meant as a dig (seriously) but its not b/c of recent losses (that award would go to Arkansas for us if anyone)
    b) you aren't are biggest, 2nd biggest, or some say 3rd biggest rival (bama, UGA, UF)
    c) you don't see the complaints towards UGA - so its not just a rivalry thing

So I ask you - why do you think Auburn folks are so anti-LSU right now. Do you think that we just picked LSU to complain about fan behavior? You see Auburn folks talk about bama folks in the news and their behavior as a program, but not at games. You don't see Auburn folks complain about UGA fans at games, or Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas, Florida, or other SEC fans . .just LSU.

why . . why is that . .why would we just all decide to ride LSU for fan behavior . .have you ever wondered that?

Also - I remember a lot of threads over at the USC board after their BR experience too . .

So I'm not sure WHY you think we go off on LSU about fan behavior . .so I'm curious.

3. HogNation#1

HogNation#1 Freshman

I would have to say LSU. because of all the Dragqueens in Louisiana.

4. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

Especially the one from Monroe who pulls for Arkansas!(lol)

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Hate
    1-Breaux Bridge
    2-No one is second
    Ole Miss, Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Texas A&M, West Monroe

Respect
    Bama, U.S.C. (the real ones), McNeese, Oklahoma, Nebraska, John Curtis

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

check out my sigpic. the one on the right is from Louisiana. is SHE a dragqueen, loser?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Did you get that picture from Baghdad Bob?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I gotta agree with that. For baseball USL, Tulane and Stanford are at the very top of my hate list.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Since we are hating high schools on this thread now I hate Evangel

10. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

Originally posted by Chuck

The real question is..Why do you think LSU fans are so uppidy about about Auburn in general?

Our coaches and players didnt light up in Jordan Hare after a victory.

Our coach didnt call a timeout with under a minute left, after the game was well in hand, in an attempt to run up the score.

Our players didnt stomp on your logo at midfield before the game even started.

Our kicker didnt shamefully come out onto the field while your band was performing..oh, by the way, this was at the coaches request, also. On top of that, he instigated what happened.

Before you start ranting about our behavior, look at your own. Yes, we have some idiots for fans. All schools do. I dont condone what some of our fans do. However, you might want to take a look in the mirror before you start blasting others.