Schools you love to hate

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bolobolo, Aug 12, 2003.

1. HogNation#1

HogNation#1 Freshman

Proably because Auburn always beats you. Thats why LSU fans are so uppidy.

2. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

I never saw those USC threads but I'm not doubting you. I'm going to use those USC threads to make a point. I have no doubt we have our share of bad fans just like all colleges have. As you pointed out some USC fans said they had some bad experiences in Tiger Stadium. Here's the main differences I see between USC fan complaints, AU fan complaints and all other fan complaints for that matter. AU fan complaints are extremely exaggerated, comical, personal and ongoing. I'm pretty sure USC fan complaints were much less bazaar and short lived. In contrast, AU fans have made criticizing LSU fans a full time job. I see it as nothing more than propaganda.

Why are AU fan complaints against us 100 times more common, more exaggerated, and more bazaar than other college fans? Honestly, I'm not certain. I can toss out one theory. Certain characteristics, behavior, and personalities displayed by some AU fans, Tubby and some AU FB players are perceived by some LSU fans to be provocative, classless, arrogant, and down right irritating. Some of our fans already had these negative views even before the last LSU/AU FB game in BR when they witnessed the stomping of the logo and the AU player refusing to leave the field when the ban was playing. You might say all those individual incidence were petty but when you combine all those incidence together, add some drunken fans, you have the ingredients for fan misbehavior. Apparently, some drunken LSU fans went overboard. Maybe this is why it sticks in AU fans minds? Of course that's no excuse for AU fans to make blanket statement towards all LSU fans.(Including grandmothers!) I think fan misbehavior would occur at any college if all those variable were in place. I absolutely do not condone such behavior by the small minority of LSU fans and I'm not making excuses for them.

Do you honestly believe there's another school that complains about LSU fans to the degree AU fans do? If your answer is no, then why do think that's the case? Do you think LSU fans treat AU fans worse than any other fans? If so, why?

3. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

Look, the the new guy ( hog nation)doesn't know about the smack board. Let us send him on his way. Cuchon d' lait mandatory at all ARK. games.

P.S. Chuck, if your inlaws are from Gueydan you KNOW what real cajuns are like.

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

5. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Teams I hate:
    1. Miami
    2. Alabama
    3. LSU
    4. Tennessee
    5. Florida

Teams I like other than Auburn:
    1. Virginia Tech
    2. Michigan
    3. Ohio State
    4. Georgia

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

LOL!! That's hilarious!

7. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

LOL, that is good...

8. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

I enjoyed seeing the Auburns fan list. Any others out there from other schools who want to post their list?

9. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

My list is very short.

I hate: Clemson, South Carolina, and some UK Basketball fans. Clemson and USC both have just horrible fans that for some reason or another think there teams are worth a crap when in reality they are both jokes. Can't stand them....

I don't like some Auburn fans, UT fans, ext...but I also find that UT, AU, and UF have some great fans so I try not to say that I "hate" them. I never got into the hatred for Ole Miss growing up as I just went to the DV home games instead of going to away games. Auburn I got into the rivalry big time in 99 and 01 but I also found some good ones.

10. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I don't like Tennessee very much either.

[​IMG]

Teams I do respect,
    LSU
    PSU
    Oklahoma
    Texas
    Nebraska
    Michigan
    McNeese St
    UK - basketball