Scout article: LSU's Wish List

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Apr 25, 2006.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Rivals rankings come out in June or July (Scarborough said, but i forget)...

As for the scout list, they have LSU "needs" at 26 to 30, so looks like they expect LSU to sign a (over) full class this year. I think this class will be very telling of the direction of the LSU program.. whether they will maintain the level of sucess that they've enjoyed over the last few years. Should LSU have a weak linemen class this year, expect a dropoff in the overall sucess of the team. A team, especially in the SEC, is going to suceed based on the strength of the offensive line.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Wonder if that was on purpose based on expectations, or just so that they could have more to talk about...

This class is just the beginning in really being able to judge Miles' recruiting ability. I agree that our ability to sign linemen is extra important this year to replinishing our lines for the future. But one class won't make or break us though.

3. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

We only got one lineman in Miles initial class (i know it was a small class put together on short notice) and last years class, while we did get 5 olinemen i dont think we got a lot of our first choices. So if we didn't have a good lineman class this year, i think that would be pretty damaging, because it wouldnt be just one year.

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

Joe, Blackwell for sure 5 stars. Jones, Davis, and Francious all have a chance.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Rivals is reporting we picked up a commitment from Anthony Morgan, an OG from Lancaster, Texas.

He isn't even on the list...

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

The committment of OG Anthony Morgan will definately help in this area.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

A few highlights from an article about Cameron Newton, a QB we're recruiting from Georgia. From the article, it sounds like he might be the top QB we're going after. So this makes 3 QB's we've officially offered, right?

http://louisianastate.scout.com/2/526932.html

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

In Dandydon's update today, he says

This article doesn't even list Sam Proctor as a QB prospect, but rather as a safety, and I think I read something a while back that said Sam wasn't be heavily recruited as a QB by major colleges. Dandy has been high on this kid for a while, but I wonder whether he really is one of our top QB prospects as he says. Dandy also fails to mention the QB from Georgia we are recruiting, and I got the feeling he could be at the top of our board.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I have used both and I think Rivals is waaaaay better than Scout. Like you just said, Scout doesn't even have all the committments on there sometimes...

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Scout is just as good as Rivals IMO, just much more conservative about listing a guy as a committment than Rivals tends to be. Scout will usually not list a guy as a commit unless they have personally talked to him, a family memeber or his coach.

Having access to both is a blessing for me, both have interesting articles and where one misses something the other usually has it. Rivals boards are much more active though and can be a good source of info, so I'd say the best thing about Rivals is their membership, not the network.