Scout's Louisiana Top 40

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, May 12, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

http://louisianastate.scout.com/2/530245.html

McKnight was of course #1 in the state, and I must say his stats look amazing.

I've heard Bajoie looks like a really impressive WR and that he could be the #1 one in state, but current LSU commit, Gabriel Bryant, is the highest rated WR in La according to this.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Thanks much, CParso. Augments my recruiting data well.

3. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

how do u lose a year of eligibility in HS?
    9. WR DeAngelo Benton 6-2, 190, 4.5 Bastrop

Some consider Benton a member of the Class of 2008 because academically speaking he will be a junior, but his eligibility on the field will expire following the upcoming season. Bastrop head coach Brad Bradshaw said the plan is for Benton to take extra classes so that he can graduate with his class in 2007 so that is what we are going with. On the field, Benton is a super talent that has received offers from some of the top programs around. Last season he was a Class 4A 1st Team All-State selection

4. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

top 20 thoughts: lots of WRs,DTs, and S/LBs. all positions of need for us.
    top 40 thoughts: some big olinemen in the 20-40 region, 6-6,6-5, and some 6-4s. that guy that is 6-2 165 is gonna have a long road ahead of him

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

comfirmed rumors have it that bryant got kicked off the team for not wanting to play qb and wanting to play wr instead, he cursed the coach and they kicked him off then the coach called les and les is pulling the scholly. We will see though. I think thats dumb of the coach and les should give him another chance. the coach pretty much told himt o play qb or get off the field. I hate coaches like that as HS football is about the kid not the coach.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It might be a situation that sorts itself out... We'll just have to wait & see, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Bryant & the coaches reconcile their differences - and then Les will reinstate his scholarship offer.

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

well people are saying now he will either play at jhs if he can stay at wr or move to bastrop. If he plays somewheres les will keep his scholly. I really hope he plays because he is a great talent. it really pisses me off when coaches just force players to play where they want them to not where the kid wants. even saban always asked before he moved players. I really hate coaches that take the focus of the game off the players and put it on themselves.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yea, but a "team player" would play the position to help his team succeed...

This kid has switched schools several times, I hope not all because of disagreements with the coach because that won't go over well here.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

while i'm all for being a team player, a kid also has to look out for himself.. if playing WR in high school is gonna get him on the field quicker in college, then gotta do what he's gotta do..

10. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Only way I know of for sure is age limit. You can't play HS football in La if you will turn 19 before Sept 1st. Maybe he is an 18 yr old Jr.