Scout's Louisiana Top 40

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, May 12, 2006.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

CP I understand that but when somebody like him you have to do whats best for you. and I understand that he has to be a team player but its about having fun and he should do what lets him have the most fun. also he only went to one other school other then JHS which was crossett ark.

and yes benton will be 19 right before his senior year which would make him inelgible. hopefully he can make up his classes this coming year and through summer school as most people only need english 4 to grad and an I think 2 electives to be able to play. so if he takes english 3 this summer and takes english 4 next year he should be fine.

2. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

he is right were he needs to be at this time. when he gets to college he will add 10-15lbs by his junior year and be at perfect weight.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm glad guys like Skyler, Doucet, Addai, Dixon, etc. didn't refuse to play QB their senior season and get kicked off the team or quit. They may not have become Tigahs.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

well this kid is different. he could have stayed in ark. and played wr but chose to come back home thinking he would play wr but instead got put at qb. doesn't matter now as he is trying to work it out with the coach.

6. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

I certainly hope none of our recruits refuse to play certain positions for LSU because they don't want to hurt their NFL draft stock. Is that the type of behavior you're advocating in players that you want to come here?

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

if they don't wanna switch its there choice. even saban gave them that choice. and I doubt a coach would reccommend a player switch unless he thought it would help his draft position so your point isn't valid one bit. in fact its quite stupid because it is 2 totally different situations.

8. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

How do you figure that it's two totally different situations? All I'm saying is that I would hate to see a player refuse to help the team by playing a position where he might be needed, only because he doesn't want his draft stock hurt. If everyone thought the way you did, there would be no fullbacks in college football, as they are a dying breed in the NFL.

I'm aware that it's nieve to think that these kids will do absolutely anything to help the program succeed, even if it means hurting their own futures, but I still wish it were the case.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I still disagree. And I think he came back because his entire family came back. If his coach needs him at QB, he should do it, just like the countless others who've preceded him as mentioned above.

It is, but that doesn't mean the coach has to accept it, it's his choice. How many people who read these forums played positions other than the one they would have liked to play? How many kids will line up in other positions this fall? How many kids who are going to play college ball at another position will sacrifice for the good of the team? For that matter, how many kids are playing positions in college that will play another position in the NFL?
    There is no I in team.

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Not many players in the NFL switch positions from college these days, and if they do it's a rather minor change, maybe from OT to OG. "IF" this situation went down as it has been posted, I think the Coach & the kid handled it badly IMO. Personally, I doubt Miles pulled his scholarship offer, although it's anything's possible. It's not like this is a bad kid who was dealing drugs or somethong, just a argument with a coach. Hopefully the situation will resolve itself, but if worse comes to worse, and he can't play football this year, I hope he concentrates on his academics, and signs with LSU next February. I would hate to see him lost to a school like Arkansas or Ole Miss, because of a hot-headed high school coach. There is no "I" in Adult either.