Scout's Louisiana Top 40

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, May 12, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

My guess is, if Miles pulled this kid's scholarship, he did it to get on the good side of the high school coach. Perhaps he's seen some young talent there that he wants to recruit in the future and feels this move would help solidify their relationship.

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

how many college players have switched positions and hurt there draft status? thats all I wanna know? none because it doesn't happen. and the kid isn't a bad kid he just doesn't get along with the coach because the coach is its my way or the highway. screw that. I can understand if it was over something important like criminal behavior but not over which position to play. Im not one to say kids are not guilty of anything bad and I don't think he handled it right. All im saying is that the coach handled it wrong also and the kid should get to play the position he wants if he is good enough to start. if you don't agree with my opinion then oh well. just the way I feel.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

How many college kids play QB when they know they're ticket to the NFL is at WR, corner, etc? A bunch. How many of them know they are too small to play on the dline in the NFL but play there for their team anyway? How many guys would be good safeties in the NFL but play corner in college because their team doesn't have any other good ones?

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

how many of them actaully want to play the other position? most are forced to switched if they wanna be payed to play.

5. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

brandon marshall, a fourth round pick this year by the broncos out of central florida, played safety his junior year because there werent any other safeties on the team, even tho he is 6 4 230 and is clearly a WR prospect
    another bronco pick, domenik hixon, played safety because his team needed him to
    also, look at all the DEs like manny lawson, demarcus ware, etc. who end up playing OLB in a 3-4.

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

yea but were they forced to? manny lawsons team didn't play a 3-4 so thats irrelvelant.

7. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Do you actually know what happened? The coach runs the team, not the players. The coach has to look out for what is best for the TEAM. If the kid cursed the coach, then he should have to pay a hard price (suicides, pushups, community service) to get the privelage of playing sports for his school again. We need to teach these young men that you have to sacrifice sometimes for the good of others and that you have to respect adults. I don't know all the facts so I am not going to speculate on what happened. Maybe the coach handled it the wrong way, maybe the kid reacted the wrong way. I am sure that Coach Miles is looking into the situation and if he decides to pull the scholly or give the kid a chance, then I will back him 100%.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Forced to, asked to, requested to. They are all the same IMO. The players did what the coached wanted them to do. The fact is, players get moved often at college and high school levels to help the team as well to help the player get on the field.

Ware is a great example of a guy that knew he was going to be moved but stayed at DE, I'd bet it would have helped his developement at LB a lot if he could have played 2 or 3 years in college at that spot.

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

he started off as a LB and then switched to DE. LB is his natural position

10. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

see caj i have no problem if the player does it if he is asked. thats different to me. Asking and forcing is totally different. Look at Spears he didn't move when saban ASKED him to the first time but he finally came around.

Gulf I never said that he wasn't wrong for the way he acted. I said he handled it wrong and should have to run a lot to get back on. I just said that I thought the coach handled it in a bad way also. I think both were wrong I just think its wrong to FORCE a kid to play a position instead of asking.

and Youcandoit Lawsons natural positon is not at LB unless its the rush lb in the 3-4 scheme and he will play DE unless the team he plays for uses a 3-4 then he will be like ware in Dallas. Manny's team in college used a 4-3 and Manny can't play LB in that scheme so your arguement is irrelevant.