Scouts: Overview of LSU-AU Analysis, Prediction

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Sep 14, 2006.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I won't copy any of the ESPN Insider content, so I'll just give the visual of who they see as having the edge per position (what a surprise: AU in a near clean-sweep)...and the score prediction.

AU-23

LSU-17

(Bruce Feldman thinks LSU's offense will score a grand total of 7 points in a 16-7 loss, by the way).

Death, taxes, Auburn getting all the respect, LSU none...some things never change.

2. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

With the only top 10 teams squaring off, Herbie's only mention of the SEC is this, "Tennessee is off to good start, but all will be forgotten if the Volunteers can't capitalize on playing the Gators in Knoxville. This is a must win if the Vols hope to play in the SEC championship game." Not one LSU vs Auburn blurp....none, as in there is no game at all. Maybe the Worldwide Leader in Sports missed the memo about #3 vs #6. Pathetic. Geaux Tigers!!

3. www.six3.us

www.six3.us Founding Member

they got the memo... they just dont carry the game. Why hype up a game they are not carrying. All bout dollars... all about the ratings.

4. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Where is this in Insider? I have an account and can't find this.

EDIT: nvm, I figured it out. :p

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

GET OVER IT! It means absolutely nothing, who cares if every single person in the world picked Auburn to beat LSU, it doesn't mean it will happen. Hell, no one picked the US to beat the Soviet Union in hockey but it happened. Do you think those guys were pissed everyone picked them to lose?

6. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

We're not quite the underdog that the US was vs. USSR. But I get your point. I think Miles will be playing that respect card heavy, too.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no, and it ain't over now. Because when the going gets tough, the tough get going! Now who's with me?

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I wasn't trying to paint it as much an underdog as the hockey team but still, constantly complaining about another team being picked to win gets old. I understand it pisses people off that LSU is the underdog but again, does it really matter if we are the underdog?

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I'm not that worried about htem picking against us. The home team always wins, what do you expect?

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Because the two teams are so evenly matched and their games often end up being so close, the home-field advantage is generally critical. Hopefully the Bengal Tigers can turn that around this year.

10. Hot Boudain...

Hot Boudain... Freshman

not being a smart-ass or anything....but the JAPANESE bombed Pearl Harbor, not the Germans:shock: :thumb: