Scouts: Overview of LSU-AU Analysis, Prediction

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Sep 14, 2006.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

:hihi:

Two words ... animal house

2. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Have you not seen Animal House?!!! Go get it and watch it today! It's one of the funniest movies ever made. That quote was from John Belushi's character. He was Jim Belushi's brother - you know, the guy from "According To Jim." He had become one of the funniest comic actors of all time before he tragically died from a drug OD about 25 years ago.

3. Hot Boudain...

Hot Boudain... Freshman

gotcha...my bad....the funny part of my brain didn't process that at the moment..;) ;) :helmet: :helmet:

4. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

For what it's worth, last night after the game, Mark May was asked which game he thought was the biggest game, and he said the LSU/Auburn game, going into some details explaining his choice.

5. Hot Boudain...

Hot Boudain... Freshman

Truthfully, I don't really give a damn who predicts what game, or any espn breakdown, or any of it. They all use stats to make most of those decisions anyway. All I know is that you watch O- State and Texas on tv, there is no "electricity in the air". It's like watching ice melt. But you watch LSU and ANY team, it's crazy....like the smell of rain before it starts raining....you know it's coming, but when??!! You can hear the thunder, but will that lightning get you??

And this saturday at 2:30PM, the Bayou Bengals will walk into Jordan-Hare, smell the PISS of the PISS EAGLE fans, and mark some territory of their own!!!!!:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Actually, it means quite a bit. Rewind to last Friday, when LSU was just one of a bunch of good top teams, pretty nondescript on the national scale.

All it took was a good ass-whipping to a Pac 10 team that most media types saw as being the next "close call" (like Az St and Ore St.) for LSU to get some eyes opened nationally.

Beat Auburn convincingly---not by a point, not after 5 missed field-goals, but 2003-season convincingly---and LSU is as high as #3 (yes, I'm calling my Michigan shot in South Bend tomorrow) come Sunday night, breathing down SC's neck for #2.

THAT'S why it's a "big deal"...hell, I'm giddy as all get out that it's all AU, all the time in the press.

7. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

8. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

:) You got that right. That's why they play the game. :)

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

It could happen. Auburn is, afterall, the 3rd ranked team.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I agree. This isn't going to be a cupcake game. AU is higher ranked and the game is in their house. I may not agree, but I can see why so many are making that call.