SCROTUM I mean SCOTUS

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In today's world neither amount sounds like all that much. Barack Hussein's printing presses could crank out those paltry sums in less than an hour

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Bengal B likes this.
  3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

It all depends how you define wellfare. Tanf is a 21 billion dollar program. We spend another 75 billion on food stamps, 18 billion on housing vouchers, 240 billion on medicaid and children's insurance. If you thrown in SSI, unemployement, CSBG, CDBG, WIA, TAA, Rapid Response, and numerous other means tested programs you get well beyond a trillion dollars in social programs. That doesn't include Social Security and Medicare which pushes our social spending into the 2 trillion dollar range. So based on how you cut it up you could say social wellfare programs cost between 21 billion and 2 trillion and still be right. I think somewhere between 800 billion and a trillion is most reasonable and intellectually honest estimate.

I have no idea what the 93 billion number might include. If you got it from a pro-business site it is too low, of you got it from a liberal site it is too high.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Can't argue the point so ad hominem fallacy. Typical.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You don't understand the point if you imagine that an employer doesn't hold an employees livelihood in their hands. I've learned not to bother with you when you pretend to be naive.