SCROTUM I mean SCOTUS

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How often do you shop at Hobby Lobby? That's probably an easy one to give up unless you are into making artsy craftsy stuff. I think most of their customers are women. My brother's wife is an elementary school teacher. She often goes to Hobby Lobby to buy things for her students to make little projects out of. If your wife were in the same situation would you tell her she can't shop at Hobby Lobby anymore.

I don't like Wal-Mart. Mostly because I hate going to any big store but even though the corporation makes a profit of about $1.8 Million Dollars per hour they only pay their employees an average of $8.87 an hour. But I still shop at Wal-Mart. I'm not stupid enough to pay $30 for some item I can get at Wal-Mart for $20.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What it says to me is piece by piece this bullshit aca is being taken apart. More than 1 way to skin a cat

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Just paving the way to single payer universal healthcare.

You know what I don't understand. I don't give a fuck about any doctor I've ever had. In fact most have been assholes except my pediatrician when I was like 6. I couldn't give a rats fucking fat ass less if I lost my doctor. I'm not sure why so many got caught up in that. To me appointing a telecom lobbyist as the head of the FCC is a scandal. Not you can keep your doctor horseshit.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My doctor is a friend who spends the time to find out what might actually be the problem instead of dashing from room to room seeing as many patients per day as he can. I damn sure don't want to be told who to entrust my health care to. Wasn't it you who said: "What do you call somebody who barely got through medical school? A. Doctor"

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hell maybe I say a lot of shit. You're lucky, I can't stand the fucking doctors in Louisiana.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You won't get any argument from me about that

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

My doc is awesome.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

This might be the most ridiculous ruling the Supreme Court has ever made. Ginsberg's opinion held nothing back. Hobby Lobby is a for-profit business, not a church or religious organization. They should have no say in the healthcare of their employees. It's particularly telling that they dropped the very same medicines from their insurance plans as they readied to get involved in this lawsuit. Their 401k program still invests in companies that produce these very medicines. It's almost as if their Christian when it's convenient to them. It's fucking shameful.

One can now only hope that a Mulism-owned, Scientologist-owned, etc. business in America screws over it's employees in a similar fashion...

Tiger in NC and red55 like this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Probably. Lots of crafts stuff and tawdry decorations. I go there when I'm looking for a cheap picture frame or a photo album. Easy enough to find elsewhere.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I read that the Church of Scientology added covering brainwashing to their healthcare plan.