SCROTUM I mean SCOTUS

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 22, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm a Rastafarian I should be able to smoke weed, since corporations are the same as people I shouldn't get fired for it either.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So you don't believe that airline pilots should be fired for being stoned on the job? Do you fly much? I mean other than on weed.

3. LaSalleAve

Id rather a pilot high than drunk that's for damn sure. I think a stoned pilot would be just fine as long as they aren't flying like an F14 in a dog fight, or a plane through some mountains, or the milleneum falcon or an X-wing trying to destroy the Death Star.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

After a lot of thought here is what I think. The ruling is narrow and dumb. No employer should have to provide any benefit it doesn't want to provide or any benefits at all.

5. LaSalleAve

Well if corporations could be trusted to take care of their employees and not ass fuck them lubeless at every turn maybe they wouldn't be forced to.

6. LSUsupaFan

If I had an employer, and they treated me poorly then I would work somewhere else. No corporation can force you to work for them. There is no need for the government to protect us from boogey men that don't exist.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

Obviously Not everyone has multiple employers beating down their door like you do. You make it sound like going out and getting a great job is just so easy and maybe it is for you and congrats your life is awesome, but the vast majority of Americans do not experience that luxury.

8. LSUsupaFan

So you think the corporation that nobody is forced to work for is the tyrant, and the government that is forcing people to do things they would not freely choose to do is the hero?

This country is fucked.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

Of course, last time I checked I have no say on who runs the corporation. You are the government, I am the government, we are the government. At least it used to be that way now they are both one in the same.

10. LSUsupaFan

You have absolute control over your involvement with the corporation. You have no control over the government intrusion into your life. Hate Wal-mart? Great! Don't shop there. Hate the IRS? Sorry, you are fucked.

Bengal B likes this.